Question

Honor Student
joecarideo
Message 1 of 4 (3,144 Views)

Scan Issues with OfficeJet J5750

I know I have an older machine but everything was working reasonably well until I tried to scan with it. The "Scan To" field in HP Solutions would not populate. I tried everything until I got the "No HP Product Detected" message. Then I called Tech Support. This is where all my problems began!

I paid the telephone support fee willingly since they felt they could resolve the issue quickly. They took remote control of my computer and several hours later I was left with nothing! They tried the next day and the next. They finally moved it up to a Case Manager, who proceeded to let me know that it was my operating system! I run Windows XP Professional Edition on a Dell Inspiron laptop. She told me she would have someone call me back from her team. They did, and again took control remotely. Unistalled my current software and installed software for a totally different machine! It looked good! New HP solution Center and it even scanned! ONCE! He told me it was my operating system. It's not. I can scan a single page easily using MIcrosoft Office Document Scanning, so I know it works.

The only common denominator is that HP unistalled and installed the software themselves. I am left with a machine that barely prints now, software that keeps telling me to unistall and reinstall the Photo and Imaging program, error messages all over the place, and all this thanks to Tech Support. Oh did I mention I'm out the $35 too!

I need to have my scanner working. Period. End of discussion. Purchasing a new machine is out of the question - I already have a BusinessJet 1200 (which I love) and a Kodak printer.

Any suggestions from anybody would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Joe 

Teacher
WayneZ
Message 2 of 4 (3,133 Views)

Re: Scan Issues with OfficeJet J5750

I feel for you since I am under warranty and did not have to pay and HP support could not fix my all-in-one unit (HP L7555) due to compatibility issues between HP Solutions Center Software and Windows Vista.  Unfortunately, probably the only way to correct your issue is to buy a new all-in-one unit that you said was out of the question. Again, unfortuanately it is the answer.  Most people on here who are not getting serviced properly by HP have been buying Brother units and appear much more satisfied with their products. 
"Any time you have the opportunity to make a difference in this world, and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth." - Roberto Clemente
Honor Student
joecarideo
Message 3 of 4 (3,113 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion Wayne. I say it's out of the question because I already have two other printers. I may just purchase a fax machine and a scanner with a document feeder. But rest assured neither of them will be an HP machine!

Don't they realize that their inability to solve these kinds of problems is the worst kind of advertising they can get? Negative advertising gets out a whole lot faster than positive!

Joe

Honor Student
joecarideo
Message 4 of 4 (3,075 Views)

After countless hours of trial and error (and frustration) I finally have my OfficeJet J5750 printing, copying, faxing, AND scanning as it should have been all along. I wish I had kept a log of what worked and didn't work so I could help others out.

I do know one thing, after this experience, it will definately be the last HP product I ever purchase again. Period, End of Discussion!

HP if you're monitoring these threads, I am preparing a bill to be sent to you. You charged me $34.99 for Tech Support that did not work at all. My bill to you will be much greater as my time is valuable. I'll be gentle though and only charge you for 30 hours time. Get ready it's going to be a big one!

J

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation