Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I recently pyurchased a new DELL computer running Windows 10 Pro and connected it to my HP6500A wireless printer via my home network.  I keep getting a message that "Scan to computer is no longer activated.  The network connection to the computer has been lost."

It's noted by something called "SCAN TO PC ACTIVATiON APP".

I've run scan diagnostics several times and while I have not attempted to save a scan, I've been able to scan and capture the scan on my DELL computer's screen.  It seems to me the message indicating that network connection has been lost is incorrect.  So, my question is, how do I get rid of the pop-up message which seems to display every 2-3 minutes and is very irritating?

Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

How to Scan to Computer

Once you have installed the software:

1. Click on the printer Icon (on your desktop) and it will bring up the HP Printer Assistant.
2. Under the Scan menu, there is a “Manage Scan to Computer”, click on that.
3. Make sure that the “Enable” Scan to Computer" is UNCHECKED.  

Watch this resource and ensure that it is "unchecked" (instead of checked)

Scan to Computer

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

How to Scan to Computer

Once you have installed the software:

1. Click on the printer Icon (on your desktop) and it will bring up the HP Printer Assistant.
2. Under the Scan menu, there is a “Manage Scan to Computer”, click on that.
3. Make sure that the “Enable” Scan to Computer" is UNCHECKED.  

Watch this resource and ensure that it is "unchecked" (instead of checked)

Scan to Computer

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

Your approach seems to have solved my problem.  I really appreciate the support.  The pop-up message was very annoying.

Thanks a lot!

HP Recommended

Hi @mrfritz1

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice day!

HP Recommended

When I click on the icon for my HP I do not get HP print assistant. It only asks if I want to set up a connection, which I have done numerous times. I have tried to run HP Scanner Doc and dowloaded Assistant, but neither would work.

Please help, I have been working on this for two days now.

HP Recommended

Hi @socref52,

Can you try this:

Removing Software and reinstalling

Go to Control Panel, under ‘Program and Features’, look for the HP SW and click uninstall. 

To remove print drivers, you can go to ‘Devices and Printers’, look for the printer that is installed.

Right-click on the printer icon, and select ‘Remove device’.  This step should remove the printer.

To ensure that the print driver is indeed uninstalled, on the same screen, click on any other printer icon, and select ‘Print server properties’.

Go to ‘Drivers’ tab, and see if you find the printer model name. If it exists, select it, and click ‘Remove’.

This should remove the print driver.

After that, reinstall the FULL feature software.

Hope that helps!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.