12-22-2012 02:11 PM
Just finished setting up my new HP Photosmart 7525 all-in-one after two years with another HP Photosmart Premium printer without ADF. Everything seems good so far....except....My old HP printer allowed me to copy and modify scan shortcuts within the HP scan utility on my HP computer running Windows 7 (64 bit) connected via USB. The modified scan shortcuts would show up on the printer's LCD touch screen and allow me to scan directly to my computer using the modified preset menu items. My new 7525 doesn't seem to have the same versatility....Just the basic selections of "Photo or document"..."PDF or JPEG" etc...no scan shortcuts.
Does the 7525 support the ability to show modified scan shortcuts in the printer's LCD touchscreen menu's? If so...How do I enable/use this feature? Thanks in advance.
12-24-2012 01:42 PM
However, the Photosmart 7525 does have an Everyday Scan option as one of the scanning features. If one opens the software for the printer and directs the software to open the Scan a Document or Photo software, then one will see where they can set these settings for future scans. This will allow for one customized scanning feature.
Hope this helps.
04-28-2013 07:23 PM
Yeah I got screwed too. My older photosmart had those options, reason why I kept buying HP printers was the searchable pdf or to word option. I think Im returning this. HP you are going in the wrong direction.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers