Scan Shortcuts available (or not?) on HP Photosmart 7525 all-in-one LCD touchscreen (1146 Views)
Student
mlipcsik
Message 1 of 3 (1,146 Views)

Scan Shortcuts available (or not?) on HP Photosmart 7525 all-in-one LCD touchscreen

Just finished setting up my new HP Photosmart 7525 all-in-one after two years with another HP Photosmart Premium printer without ADF.  Everything seems good so far....except....My old HP printer allowed me to copy and modify scan shortcuts within the HP scan utility on my HP computer running Windows 7 (64 bit) connected via USB.  The modified scan shortcuts would show up on the printer's LCD touch screen and allow me to scan directly to my computer using the modified preset menu items.  My new 7525 doesn't seem to have the same versatility....Just the basic selections of "Photo or document"..."PDF or JPEG" etc...no scan shortcuts.

Does the 7525 support the ability to show modified scan shortcuts in the printer's LCD touchscreen menu's?  If so...How do I enable/use this feature?  Thanks in advance.

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 2 of 3 (1,124 Views)

Scan Shortcuts available (or not?) on HP Photosmart 7525 all-in-one LCD touchscreen

The photosmart 7525 does not have the option to create custom scanning features like the previous model photosmart that you had, mlipcsik.

However, the Photosmart 7525 does have an Everyday Scan option as one of the scanning features. If one opens the software for the printer and directs the software to open the Scan a Document or Photo software, then one will see where they can set these settings for future scans. This will allow for one customized scanning feature.

Hope this helps.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Intern
Rapol
Message 3 of 3 (841 Views)

Re: Scan Shortcuts available (or not?) on HP Photosmart 7525 all-in-one LCD touchscreen

Yeah I got screwed too. My older photosmart had those options, reason why I kept buying HP printers was the searchable pdf or to word option. I think Im returning this. HP you are going in the wrong direction.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation