Question

Student
Robbie75VR
Message 1 of 2 (189 Views)

Scan Software workflow improvements please !

Hi HP,

I would like to suggest you some ideas to make a better scan software with a faster workflow and correct some errors.

The main use of  the scanner for me is to scan images and have an exact copy, but there are lot of extra clicks to do in order to have a neutral scan bacause all the auto-adjustmets (color, sharpness..) are always on by default. I think they should be OFF by default or there should be a "Remember my settings" checkbox so that I don't have to set everything to manual and change the values to zero all the times.

Ideally, the first tab should contain all the main necessary feature to complete a scan, in my opinion in this order:

• Dropdown scan preset (Neutral scan, auto adjusted, user settings 1, user settings 2, ... save new preset, delete a preset)
  • Media: (picture, slide, negative)
  • Scan dpi slider (not button that opens a windows where I select the resolution, make it simple)
  • Scan pixel size
  • Drop down format selection (including tiff8/tiff16)
  • File colorspace (sRGB, adobeRGB)
  • Destination Folder selection
  • "Remember this settings" checkbox (this has to remember the settings of ALL tabs.
  • "Remove all frame selections" button
  • "Scan Now" button
  • "Close application" button. 

The Brighte/Darken tab should have a "Reset corrections" button, now if you switch from Auto to Manual you must set all values to zero manually.

The language packs should make sense, in my case (Italian) the text is not describing the action correctly in some buttons, for example the button that launch the scan, in Italian is the equivalent of "End". End doesn't mean scan. Same for some other words... 

Thanks and I hope to see an update soon.

Teacher
ValerieG
Message 2 of 2 (183 Views)

Re: Scan Software workflow improvements please !

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum. This is a peer to peer community for customers to connect and share solutions on their HP consumer products.

If you have direct feedback for HP about their products or services, please use the link below.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

If you have other questions and concerns, please feel free to send me a private message.

Valerie

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation