03-03-2012 03:20 PM
OfficeJet Pro 8600 N911A on Windows 7 64 bit --- scan and copy often scan or print vertical lines. Scan often fails to function and locks up. To correct this, I often have to turn off the printer, unplug it for 15 seconds, plug it back in and turn the printer back on. This happens almost every day. I do not get any error messages. Right now, nothing has restored the scanning. The next step is to turn everything off and then back on. This has worked so far but is so frustrating I am considering returning the printer. Printing from the laptop is always successful.
03-05-2012 02:16 AM
This could be due to Scanner calibration was affected by external light source when printer is power up with open scan lid.
a) Close the scan lid and power cycle the printer.
b) Cover all expose scan glass including the thin strip with paper before carry on with normal scan function after the scanner calibration.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
03-07-2012 11:37 AM
That isn't even close to a solution. The lid has never been open during power up or setup. I even set up the unit with the lights out and door closed. NO THIS IS NOT THE SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers