Question

Honor Student
LHSC
Message 1 of 3 (1,483 Views)

Scan & Copy issues with OfficeJet Pro 8600

OfficeJet Pro 8600 N911A on Windows 7 64 bit --- scan and copy often scan or print vertical lines.  Scan often fails to function and locks up.  To correct this, I often have to turn off the printer, unplug it for 15 seconds, plug it back in and turn the printer back on.  This happens almost every day.  I do not get any error messages.  Right now, nothing has restored the scanning.  The next step is to turn everything off and then back on.  This has worked so far but is so frustrating I am considering returning the printer.  Printing from the laptop is always successful.

Master's Graduate
prabaa
Message 2 of 3 (1,467 Views)

Re: Scan & Copy issues with OfficeJet Pro 8600

This could be due to Scanner calibration was affected by external light source when printer is power up with open scan lid.

Workaround

a)   Close the scan lid and  power cycle the printer.

b)   Cover all expose scan glass including the thin strip with paper before carry on with normal scan function after the scanner calibration.

Happy Printing

Click on the "Thumbs up"button on the left to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

Honor Student
LHSC
Message 3 of 3 (1,439 Views)

Re: Scan & Copy issues with OfficeJet Pro 8600

That isn't even close to a solution.  The lid has never been open during power up or setup.  I even set up the unit with the lights out and door closed.  NO THIS IS NOT THE SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation