01-24-2014 04:55 AM
I recently bought a new Laserjet pro 300 colour printer and have it set up to share in the office with another user.
My colleague can use the scanner with no problem. However, when I try to open the printer icon in order to scan, the printer icon does not include the scan option button.
Can anyone help?
01-24-2014 05:43 AM
What do you mean by "set up to share in the office with another user"?
Is it connected through a USB and shared via the operating system?
If so - a shared USB printer only provide print capabilities, you may connect the printer to the network using an ethernet cable and install its software on any computer to get full functionality.
Otherwise please clarify the connectivity and the operating sustem installed on the PC which you are not able to scan from.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers