Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
This may be a beginner's question and if there was such a thing as a user's manual that came with the Officejet Pro, I'd be a happy camper.  How does one scan multiple pages into one .pdf document?  TIA.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This is how to scan multiple-pages from glass to create one PDF file.

http://bit.ly/HPscan2011

This will work with the new HP software for the 6500A and other similar new HP printers using the same type of software.

HP needs to update their software ALT tags and button names, along with manuals.  The instructions for accomplishing this task should be easy for all longtime HP users to figure out.  I almost returned my new HP printer because I thought

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51
HP Recommended

If your going to scan it from the solution center theres an option there that says scan to pdf or something like pdf file format. and put your document on the Automatic document feeder(ADF) and it will scan a bunch of pages in one file.

Or if your going to scan from the printer just press on the scan menu select pdf and put your document again on the ADF.

if your asking for a manual you can download it for free on the hp website and i can give you a link but i dont have the specific model of your printer..

19chinovz76
HP Recommended

I have been ADF'ing pages of a document and it saves it as many different documents on my laserjet pro C1415fnw - very frustrating.

HP Recommended

Is it an Officejet Pro 8500A - A910a?

Manuals can be accessed from here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=4083969&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

This solution to this similar problem may work for you:

Click here =>  Officejet Pro 8500A Multi-page network scan w/o ADF.

Did that work? If so, please mark as the solution to this thread.

HP Recommended

This is how to scan multiple-pages from glass to create one PDF file.

http://bit.ly/HPscan2011

This will work with the new HP software for the 6500A and other similar new HP printers using the same type of software.

HP needs to update their software ALT tags and button names, along with manuals.  The instructions for accomplishing this task should be easy for all longtime HP users to figure out.  I almost returned my new HP printer because I thought

HP Recommended

Please advise how to scan multiple pages into one pdf file.  Thanks 

HP Recommended

URGENT PLEASE - HOW TO SCAN MULTIPLE PAGES INTO ONE PDF DOCUMENT FOR EMAIL PURPOSE

HP Recommended

ScottBrown2011, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!  I joined the forum just to express my thanks for the directions you posted.  I was so frustrated, and you made my evening with this info.  You are very kind to take time to make this for random strangers, and thanks for caring. Hats off , buddy!  Thanks for sharing again!!

HP Recommended

Please advise how to scan multiple pages into one pdf file.  Thanks

HP Recommended

To scan multiple pages from glass into a single .pdf file, use the "To Memory Device" button on the front of the 8500A (in my case).  This will scan the page on the glass first, and then ask you if you want to scan more pages.  If you answer "1" for yes, it will immediately scan the next page on the glass.

Tim

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.