Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a problem with scanning on Laserjet M1132 MFP. Printing and copying is working without a problem. But when I try to scan the scanning application hangs. It says busy and doesn't do nothing.

My OS is Windows 7 64-bit I tried to update the firmware but that didn't help with the problem. When I try to scan it still says busy. Actually you hear as if the scanner tried to scan something but the software doesn't move and keeps saying it is busy.

Any hints on what could be wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found the problem. I had the printer connected with an USB cable from the previous printer (Laserjet 1020) and didn't use the original one that came with the M1132MFP.  After I connected the original cable the scanner started working. 🙂

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended
Anyon has any tips on this?
HP Recommended

Hey sokol11,

Have you tried performing a power cycle on the system?

Follow these steps to reset your HP printer, your wireless router, and your computer.

• Press the Power button  on the HP printer to turn it off.
  • Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the HP printer.
  • Disconnect the power cord from the wireless router.
  • Turn off the computer.
  • Wait 30 seconds.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the wireless router.
  • Wait 30 seconds, or until the router is fully on and ready.
  • Turn the computer back on.
  • Wait for the computer to reload.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the HP printer.
  • Turn the printer back on.

I would also advise running the HP Print and Scan doctor.  This is an automated tool provided by HP to troubleshoot many printing/scanning issues.  Click here to access the HP PSDR.

Let me know how it goes.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hello,

i have the same problem: scanner allways busy. Reinstalled software, tryied anything including windows reinstall. The same. HP's "doctor" software founds error in software... It cants also connect to scanner.

Tried to install MFP on another PC - everything is ok.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

I found the problem. I had the printer connected with an USB cable from the previous printer (Laserjet 1020) and didn't use the original one that came with the M1132MFP.  After I connected the original cable the scanner started working. 🙂

HP Recommended

well, i need to ty original cable... But it is very strange, that the old one works fine on other PC...

HP Recommended

I couldn't believe it either. But try it. 🙂

HP Recommended

It worked!! Changed a USB cable to the new one (not original HP) !!!

Thank you a lot!

HP Recommended

Printer works but scanner refuses to operate.

HP Recommended

Hi whittleseyite

I understand you are not able to scan.

I would recommend running the print and scan doctor.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02073861

Please provide the following information so I can assist you better.

What operating system are you using? (winxp, win7, win8, win8.1)

When is the last time it worked properly?
Have you made any changes to the computer? (new software,
hardware)

How is the printer connected? (usb/ethernet/wireless)

Are you getting the error message on the printer or the computer?

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.