Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 8500A Pro
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been trying to get the HP Scan service working for my printer for quite a while, without success. I have downloaded all the latest drivers and software for Windows 10 (anniversary Update), and the HP Support Assistant. Even though this says all software is up to date, when I run Scan & Print Doctor I keep getting 'The full solution software for your product is not installed on your computer'!!! I have been through this cycle of clicking on downlaod, wasting 122MB of my precious internet allowance 3 times, and still dont have a working scanner. When I select the HP Scan application, it comes up with 'The HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 A910 was not found'. I have checked that the printer is connected and Windows diaganostics doesn't find any problems. Far I am am concerned the whole thing is a pile of poo, unless someone has any ideas?

Conti111

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can you try this alternative software:

HP Scan Extended

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi

Once it's downloaded and installed, go to Start > All Programs > HP > HP Scan Extended > Run "HP Scan Extended"

Let us know if that works.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Hi

Did this, rebooted, ran HP Diagnostics and allowed to complete successfully. When I select HP Scan Extended I get an error message 'The HP Imaging Device was not found'. The device IS connected and I can print OK. HP Scan still gives the same error message. Anything else I should try?

Thanks

Conti

HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you try Webscan?  These 2 examlpes will show you how it's done:

Scanning from Chromebook (Webscan)

Scanning Multiple pages from Chromebook (Webscan)

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.