Scan photos from printer to computer (168 Views)
Student
ladeuce
Message 1 of 4 (168 Views)

Scan photos from printer to computer

I can't scan an original photo from my HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus (All-in-One) to a folder in my computer (HP Pavillion).  It's like either the printer or the computer doesn't have the software to do it. I followed the directions in the manual with no results.  What can I do to atleast identify the problem?

Master's Graduate
Simple1234
Message 2 of 4 (162 Views)

Re: Scan photos from printer to computer

First try scan to memory card or usb flash. You can do this without a computer or software, this confirms your scanner works.
If this is confirmed, the second step is to make sure you have the software installed on the computer, there should be an HP Scan under Start->Programs->HP, if not, please tell us what windows version you have on your computer? Do you remember which version of the HP software installed?
Student
Diane1945
Message 3 of 4 (147 Views)

I have a photosmart Premium Fax all in one C4100 (wireless).  I have the installation CD and have reinstalled the printer.  Although it prints, copies and faxes, the scan will not.  I wish it would scn from the front panel of the printer, but never has.  The Solution Center on the computer will not install so I am unable to scan as I had previously been able.  

HP Support Agent
Advance23
Message 4 of 4 (115 Views)

Hi Diane1945,

I understand that you cannot scan from your Photosmart Premium Fax printer. I will do my best to help you resolve this issue. Could you please tell me what operating system you are running on the computer. If it is a Windows operating system could you please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor.

Let me know if this helped or if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

~Advance23~
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation