11-16-2013 07:58 PM
I can't scan an original photo from my HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus (All-in-One) to a folder in my computer (HP Pavillion). It's like either the printer or the computer doesn't have the software to do it. I followed the directions in the manual with no results. What can I do to atleast identify the problem?
11-16-2013 08:30 PM
If this is confirmed, the second step is to make sure you have the software installed on the computer, there should be an HP Scan under Start->Programs->HP, if not, please tell us what windows version you have on your computer? Do you remember which version of the HP software installed?
11-17-2013 09:23 AM
I have a photosmart Premium Fax all in one C4100 (wireless). I have the installation CD and have reinstalled the printer. Although it prints, copies and faxes, the scan will not. I wish it would scn from the front panel of the printer, but never has. The Solution Center on the computer will not install so I am unable to scan as I had previously been able.
11-20-2013 09:54 AM
I understand that you cannot scan from your Photosmart Premium Fax printer. I will do my best to help you resolve this issue. Could you please tell me what operating system you are running on the computer. If it is a Windows operating system could you please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor.
Let me know if this helped or if you need further assistance.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers