01-11-2011 10:11 AM
Using Windows 7 Home Prem.-64 bit, Photosmart C7280 All-in-One, with USB cable. I have carefully uninstalled and reinstalled driver, solution center, and any other related software multiple times. More times than not, the scan stops part way through (example attached) and then (after several minutes) displays the messages below:
01-11-2011 10:58 AM
Perhaps the Scan Diagnostic can give us more clues....
Here's a link.
What does it say?
01-11-2011 11:14 AM
at that step the tool is checking the registry to indicate a specific sw installation step was completed. Since it failed, a "fix" is to uninstall the other parts of the solution and install again. This time, uninstall using the button in the SDU and install the latest sw from hp's support site... here.
It can help to unplug and replug in the C7280 before the sw reinstall.
I know this takes time, but it's a good thing to try once more.
(and, did you get to Win7 from an upgrade from a system on which the 7280 has already been working?)
01-11-2011 11:27 AM
the Win7 I have now is on a new HP computer that came installed. Yes the All-in One did work on my previous Vista HP, though. Sorry- what is SDU?
01-11-2011 11:57 AM
I'm sorry. SDU is Scan Diagnostic Utility. TLAs are rampant! (Three Letter Acronyms
Let's go back closer to the beginning... what was the source (and version / name) of the software you installed the first time you put the 7280 on your new Win7 machine?
01-11-2011 12:23 PM
I don't think I have that info now at this point, but the download was from the HP website. I am reinstalling the current version right now from HP site. Would it matter in functionality if I have an HP flatbed scanner (G4050) and the C7280 both showing up on the Solution Center? I just choose which I want to work with- should be OK-yes?
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers