Question

Intern
MartinPF
Message 1 of 85 (581 Views)

Scan to Computer Corrupted for Officejet 6600 on a Windows 7 Computer

I have a Windows 7 premium computer. I am trying to install the Officejet 6600. Printing works but I cannot scan to this computer.  On the printer screen, it shows "Computer Not Listed" error. When I try to scan from my computer I get "The Officejet 6600 was not foung".  I have tried uninstalling  software and removing printers and reinstalling. When I reinstall I have confirmed that the "Scan to computer" check box is checked.  Still not able to scan and my computer is not listed in printer panel.

Can anyone help me, please?

Intern
Ashokkan
Message 2 of 85 (565 Views)

Re: Scan to Computer Corrupted for Officejet 6600 on a Windows 7 Computer

Hi Martin, it is not clear, if you are able to scan from the computer..and has it scanned ever. if the installation is complete as you have mentioned, then try this step. on the desktop you would find the printer icon.. when you click on that , you would find options like printing preferences, scan, eprint etc; in the scan option.. you would find scan to computer... please click on that .. sometimes that may not be enabled.. your reply will help me to understand the problem better.. I am an HP employee. *Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left* *Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.* Regards, Ashok
Ashok ... HP..always working
Intern
MartinPF
Message 3 of 85 (562 Views)

Thanks for the quick response. I purchased and installed on April 18, 2013. I have not had the need to scan until this week. So I have never tried to scan prior to now.  I should also mention that I installed the software and drivers on a second laptop without issue.  My Officejet 6600 printer icon on my desktop is messed up. When I double click on it, it asks permission to launch and runs "DeviceSetup.exe". On my second laptop it opens a url.

I have also tried the "HP Print and Scan Dr" but it keeps saying I have not installed all the software. 

Also when I try and launch the HP ePrintCenter icon on my desktop, I get a message stating not a  valid shortcut eventhough it was just created as I installed all the software.

If I did not mention it, I have uninstalled all the HP6600 software, removed the printer from Devices and Printers, shut down all copmuters and wireless router and printer and then we started them.

It just appears that there is something corrupted on my computer that will not allow me to completely remove software so when I reload it stays corrupted.

Appreciate any thoughts.

Intern
Ashokkan
Message 4 of 85 (539 Views)

Hello, 

try sfs /scannow  (start->type cmd in the search bar, if it is Windows 7) and then type the command.

after the tools is completed.. then please try to scan.. if not then you may have to uninstall the printer and reinstall again .

Regards,
Ashokkan

Help the community by marking this post .
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution! 
See a great post? Give it a Kudos!
I work for HP
Ashok ... HP..always working
Intern
MartinPF
Message 5 of 85 (535 Views)

I opened a CMD window, started at the root direcctory then typed sfs /scannow but Windows stated that sfs was not recognized. So sfs is not on my computer. I tried to search for it but could not find it any where.  I'll try and remove the printer, uninstall the software and reinstall the software one more time but I have tried three times already. Are there specific sequence steps required?  I have uninstalled all the HP software via the uninstall in the HP directory and then any remaining ones in the control panel. I then remove the HP printer. in the Printers and devices folder. I reboot and turn off the printer but after I reboot the laptop, I turn on the printer and reinstall the software and update without success.

Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 6 of 85 (532 Views)

You have been through so much to get this printer to scan it sounds like.  So you have quite a few problems here it seems.  It is hard to pinpoint exactly where the issue lies so are you installing the printer from installation disk or the website? I read through all this but I cannot tell if this is a USB or wireless installation. 

Amidst all of your uninstall/reinstalls, I want to try the simplest thing first.  

1. Uninstall the printer 

2. Run Disk Cleanup (App Programs>>Accessories>>System Tools>>Disk Cleanup)

3. Reboot PC

4. Install Full Feature Software and Drivers (Link is for Windows 7 64-bit computer)

This is the simplest step I can do for now. I have more steps for you but I need to know how you are connecting the printer, what brand of computer this is (HP, Dell, etc) and if the system type is 32-bit or 64 bit and I will be more than happy to help!

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
Intern
MartinPF
Message 7 of 85 (529 Views)

Sorry for insufficient background information.

I have a 17" Dell Laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OS. I am trying to connect  via wireless. I have installed the software from both the installation CD that came with my printer as well as the web file you referenced.  I have run the disk cleanup feature when I searched your help section but I'll do it again.  I do remember that once when I was uninstalling the software, the uninstall hung up, did not complete and the only way to unfreeze was to force a power down manually. I am assuming something got corrupted but I am not sure what to manually remove (from Regedit or /system folder).  I'll let you know how it goes after trying what you suggest.

Thanks for the assistance.

Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 8 of 85 (523 Views)

Thank you for that information. I feel more comfortable now providing some deep-cleaning techniques.  The very last step includes a 3rd party registry cleaner, and I suggest CCleaner which provides a chance to backup any files before running its software. However, you may want to do a system backup before trying some of these comprehensive steps, just to be safe.  

--Full Scrub Steps--

The software this printer uses is version 28.8. This task may take you all night but do take your time and I hope this works!  With all the broken links and error messages plus not being able to scan, this is the most thorough way I can think to fix all of the problems you had with the installation.  

Intern
MartinPF
Message 9 of 85 (519 Views)

Thanks but a little confused. The detailed steps are great but one of the links points to OJ4500 not OJ6600 printer I have. I have been using OJ660-1315.exe for the full install. Should I use this one or what is pointed out on the full clean up?

Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 10 of 85 (517 Views)

That link is referring to a printer that is a little older than the one you have.  Everything else should be exactly the same, just assume when you read 4500 it means 6600 and proceed with the full feature software for the printer you own.  Basically the link I provided a few posts ago is exactly what you need and is there to assist you with this.  If you have any more questions I am here for a few more hours.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation