Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ffice Jet 6830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

FYI    When you send an email with Scan to Eml on your printer, the From: address that shows the person you are sending it to is eprintcenter@hp.com. NOT your printers email with your name. Your email only shows up in the body of the email! The recipient may never get that far. If I saw eprintcenter @hp.com I don't think I would open the email and it would probably be in my junk mail. HPO has told me that there is no way for them to chage the From address with this service. I recommend that if you want to be sure your email gets opened by whom you are sending it to. Scan from your computer, save it and attach it to your email account.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Lev46,

Thank you for stopping by the HP forums.  A Good day to you. 🙂 I read the post regarding scanning your email before sending it out as a reply. Brilliant workaround found by you. Hats off to a job well done. 🙂 I am glad that you've shared this information on HP support forums.

A Stupendous effort, brilliant description and very smart diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂

It was also magnanimous on your part to share this information on HP forums that will assist several others to fix the issue. I thank you greatly for sharing this vital piece of information.

You are a valued HP customer. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.