Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Student
Message 1 of 2 (67 Views)

Scan to Email address

[ Edited ]
Product Name: ffice Jet 6830
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

FYI    When you send an email with Scan to Eml on your printer, the From: address that shows the person you are sending it to is eprintcenter@hp.com. NOT your printers email with your name. Your email only shows up in the body of the email! The recipient may never get that far. If I saw eprintcenter @hp.com I don't think I would open the email and it would probably be in my junk mail. HPO has told me that there is no way for them to chage the From address with this service. I recommend that if you want to be sure your email gets opened by whom you are sending it to. Scan from your computer, save it and attach it to your email account.

HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (39 Views)

Re: Scan to Email address

[ Edited ]

Hi @Lev46,

Thank you for stopping by the HP forums.  A Good day to you. Smiley Happy I read the post regarding scanning your email before sending it out as a reply. Brilliant workaround found by you. Hats off to a job well done. Smiley Happy I am glad that you've shared this information on HP support forums.

A Stupendous effort, brilliant description and very smart diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score. Smiley Happy

It was also magnanimous on your part to share this information on HP forums that will assist several others to fix the issue. I thank you greatly for sharing this vital piece of information.

You are a valued HP customer. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. Smiley Happy

Davidsmp
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation