03-20-2017 08:26 PM
I am trying to "scan to e-mail", and I begin by going to the HP Utility and click on to "scan to e-mail". The setup comes on to my browser screen without a problem. However, the moment I click to start the setup, Safari will not connect to "hpecb1d7c706c2.local". So, I try another manuver, and make Chrome my default browser. Chrome basically says that we are not going there, because that url opens up to possible trespassers! So.......?
03-21-2017 05:41 PM
Hello, @Geary2 – Hope you are well
Thanks for engaging in the HP Forums! I see by your post that you are having issues while setting up scan to email feature on your Officejet printer. I will certainly do my best to help you fix this issue!
I would suggest you setup the email profile via printer EWS page as suggested below. Try the steps below:
- Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.
- Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
- From the EWS, click the Scan tab.
- Click Scan to Email Setup.
- Click Outgoing Email Profile, click New, and then enter the email address you intend to use with this profile.
- Enter a display name that will appear on the printer's control panel to identify this email profile.
- Enter or confirm the correct SMTP server and SMTP port information.
- If you typically have to enter a username and password to log into your email account, you will want to enter this information into the email authentication fields, and then click Next.
- Enter a security PIN to restrict access to this email profile, if desired.
- Set the size for email files and specify Auto CC, if desired.
- Click Save or Save and test to complete the profile.
- Once done, touch the scan icon on your printer and select scan to email option and check for issue resolution.
Check http://hp.care/2dNX9WS for detailed instructions.
Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!
Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I work on behalf of HP
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!