11-09-2010 03:38 PM
I have 2 computers: both have Windows 7, with Mozilla Thunderbird.
In HP Solution Center --> Scan Picture; One machine has "Picture to e-mai"l and "Documen to e-mail", the other does not.
As best I can tell, they are set up the same and both connect to the same printer via network.
I can't find how to set the email program wthin HP Solutino Center on either (not under Settings-->Other Settings --> Other).
How does one configure the emial interface and/or ensure that the scan to email options are present?
11-25-2010 01:30 PM
I had a similar problem trying to get the scan to email option to show up in Solution center.
I checked online and for whatever reason, installing MS Outlook (and create an email account-fake account or otherwise) helps solve the problem if you do not get the scan to email option. Maybe installing Outlook puts something in the registry that Solution Center is looking for...
Keep in mind that you don't have to actually use Outlook to send email. Just make sure that Thunderbird is set as your default email program. Solution Center seems to just use the default email program assigned in Windows. I just finished getting it to work with Windows Live Mail 2011.
Hope it helps.
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax