Scan with HP Photosmart Plus (41712 Views)
Top Student
evelynmccord
Message 1 of 30 (41,712 Views)

Scan with HP Photosmart Plus

I've recently purchased a printer model B209a from HP for my husband and me.  He wants to scan a document to the printer which he can then put in as an e-mail attachment.  When I touch "scan" and then "to computer" I get a message saying I should start the scan from the computer.  How do I do this? I have a Inspirion desk top computer about 5 years old.  We also use a router for the use of my husband's wireless laptop.  Help, please!

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 30 (41,696 Views)

Re: Scan with HP Photosmart Plus

If you have installed the printer software on you PC, then you should have a program called HP Solution Center. You can scan from this program too. Give it a try.

----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Top Student
evelynmccord
Message 3 of 30 (41,627 Views)

I have a an HP Photosmart Plus, Model Number B209a.  I need to scan a document from the printer to my computer.  The scan will probably go into a word document or into an e-mail.  When I try to scan the document to the computer, I get a notice that says I have to scan FROM the computer.  I have no idea to do this, and the instructions given from The HP Solution Center do not help.  I've plugged and unplugged as I was asked to do.  I still get the same information back to scan from my computer.   Any help will be appreciates!  Thanks, Evie

Top Student
evelynmccord
Message 4 of 30 (41,623 Views)

I forgot one thing.  I use IE 8.  I bought this printer to specifically use it's scanning feature.  If no one has an answer to this, I may have to take it back.  I spent over 6 hours with the technical support too install this correctly.  It should be working, but it is not.  Printing is great, but scanning is a problem.  Thanks to anyone who can figure this out.

Honor Student
sdprocto
Message 5 of 30 (41,607 Views)

I have the same problem with a photosmart plus B209 connected to a HP 6910p. You would think that would make it easy right? The printer says try scanning form the computer; the computer says a required software component was not found or improperly installed. I have reinstalled the software twice without any error messages and spent 2 hours trying to fix this. HP sucks.

Top Student
evelynmccord
Message 6 of 30 (41,605 Views)

It seems as if many of us are using endless hours with great frustration and still can't fix some of the printer problems.  Is no one from HP listening?  I guess we can wallow in our sorrow together!  Evie

Student
jkudz
Message 7 of 30 (41,590 Views)

I just purchased this printer tonight and installed the software on my two laptops.  At first I was receiving the same message telling me to start the scan from the computer (which can be done by opening the HP Solution Center application and selecting Scan) but I wanted to be able to scan from the printer to a specific PC.  I turned on both laptops and launched HP Solution Center and then selected Scan > (to) Computer from the touchscreen on the printer and my two laptops showed up.  I can't guarantee that it will work for everyone but it worked for me.  Best of luck.  - Jarrod

Student
Detroit_Izzy
Message 8 of 30 (41,387 Views)

I've successfully installed the HP Solutions Center B209a software onto a computer operating Vista 32 OS. There are no other printers or scanning software on this PC. When I scan either a document or a photo from the PC using the software, everything appears to function properly but the scan files do not appear anywhere. The program provides a progress report showing the file being saved to the appropriate default folder without any errors, but the file is no where to be found. I consider myself an advanced user and have tried uninstalling, resetting default folders, complete system searches for possible misplaced files, but nothing. Any help is appreciated.
Student
t-zonie
Message 9 of 30 (39,892 Views)

I'm sorry, but I thought the reply was the answer to your problem!  There is probably not an answer!

thanks

Student
PainterPoker
Message 10 of 30 (39,610 Views)

I had the same problem.  Open HP Photosmart Studio.  Click Scan on upper left of tool bar.   Then click continue.

This worked for me I have an Imac with OS X.  I hope this works for you...  HP can easily improve on their customer service and I will be reluctant to purchase another product from them in the future.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation