Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (435 Views)

ScanJet 5000 SW update from 2.6 to 3.6.

Hallo,

I have a perfectly running ScanJet 5000 on Win XP Prof. here at a customer and wanted to update the german version from version 2.6 to 3.6 in the scope of software maintenance (setup_SDSS_3-6.exe and setup_HPTwain_5000_14-5.exe). I found both the necessary files. Installed in that order. Installation went without any problems.

When starting the application after a restart, the application asks for the file "#HP_5000_Scanner# # .msi". Which exists nowhere. On the 2.6-CD is only the file ' ##HP_5000_Scanner## .msi ", which of course is not accepted.

I have everything uninstalled again and installed the version  2.6 again. Scanner runs correctly, but not with up to date software. How can I update to version 3.6 or where do I find the "###HP_5000_Scanner# # .msi"?

I opend with right-klick the file "setup_SDSS_3-6.exe", but I didn´t found the MSI-File too :-(

The german HP-forum told me to ask here.

--
Immo Brauch

Highlighted
Top Student
Message 2 of 2 (332 Views)

Re: ScanJet 5000 SW update from 2.6 to 3.6.

Hello,

Sorry you are having issues with the upgrade process.

I have a workaround to the issue you are seeing that may help.

• Open the setup_HPTwain_5000_14-5.exe archive using 7-Zip
  • Extract the hpdrv folder to your local system
  • Run setup.exe from the hpdrv folder
  • When prompted, select repair
  • During the installation, you may receive a dialog that states "missing inf/cat file", select ok, you can ignore this warning, let the installation complete.
  • after software installation completes, either power cycle the scanner, or disconnect/reconnect the USB cable.

I work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation