02-25-2013 09:43 AM
05-08-2013 02:20 PM
Sorry you are having issues with the upgrade process.
I have a workaround to the issue you are seeing that may help.
- Open the setup_HPTwain_5000_14-5.exe archive using 7-Zip
- Extract the hpdrv folder to your local system
- Run setup.exe from the hpdrv folder
- When prompted, select repair
- During the installation, you may receive a dialog that states "missing inf/cat file", select ok, you can ignore this warning, let the installation complete.
- after software installation completes, either power cycle the scanner, or disconnect/reconnect the USB cable.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers