12-13-2013 04:44 PM
My HP ScanJet 8300 Pro will not scan film negatives or slides. Windows 8 Pro x64. The HP Solution Center software pops up a message box telling me that the Transparent Materials Adaptor (TPM) is not connected.
The adaptor is connected and I checked the connection by disconnecting and reconnecting. This is the first time in five years that I tried to use the TPM so I was surprised to find that it did not work.
I have updated the firmware to 1.45 and I have updated the software and driver. What else can I check?
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers