12-18-2013 04:15 PM
HP ScanJet 7000 Worked great for two years then the Error Code #281,-4523. Tried to chat with Tech Support and after giving them the model number, they came back and said it was out of warranty and disconnected. Reloaded all drivers from site and checked the RFQ's There is no solution listed for this error for the 7000 series scanner. Is there a number or a person we can talk to that will not just say it is out of warranty?
PS This error code also effects 3200 and 7800 series scanners with no solution except for a firmware upgrade on the 7800's which works sometimes. Note there is no published firmware upgrade for the 7000.
Posted the above on FB on 12/13/2013 and they suggested I post here. (Consumer Site Oops)
Consumer site suggested I post here on the commercial site.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers