08-05-2010 08:16 PM
Running Windows Vista. Have had no problems with scanner until about 2 weeks ago when it just refused to scan and kept showing me "scanner driver error (#281,-4523)". HP support says it is out of warranty and they won't even sell me a service call. Have tried to reinstall driver and software, but nothing seems to work. Input much appreciated.
10-04-2010 01:04 PM
I just started having the exact same issue. Were you able to get your scanner to work again? I scann 30-50 docs on this daily....
Thanks in advance for your help!
09-14-2012 12:26 AM
Had scanner for a few years with aboslutely no problems. Then one day it just started giving me the error message. When I click on scan the only thing I get is the Scanner driver error (#281, -4523). I've redownloaded the available driver from the HP site and still it does not work
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax