10-23-2009 05:42 AM
On my configuration the launcher stopped when it couldn't match the corrrect OS.It reported current OS 601.64
and that it was looking for XP, Vista etc.
Thereofre, on Windows 7 32-bit RC it is neceessary to plug in the scanner and Device Manager recognises it but doesn't install drivers. Therefore, use update driver to manually install. Point the search at the CD in the CD drive. Not only will the drivers install the application software also follows on automatically.
On Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit the drivers will install as above but the installer for the applicaton software hangs again, although with the basicv drivers installed it is now possible to use windows fax and scan to acquire images or any image editing programme with an import opiton.
However, if instead of launching autorun (i.e. launcher.exe) navigate to hpzsetup.exe and use Vista SP2 compatibility mode, the software will install.
I also changed two parameters in the install.ini file but I don't know if these changes were relevant given that I by- passed the launcher.
For info I added 601, and 601_64 to the OS list OSList=500,501,501_64,600,600_64,601,601_64
and changed 600 to 601 here:
and changed 6000 to 7000
In any event the software will install and all the applications now work in Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium.
I hope this helps.
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax