01-26-2010 06:39 AM
I have Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OS. Here's what I was instructed to do by HP tech support and it worked...
1. From the www.hp.com home page, click the Support & Drivers link.
2. Select Download drivers and software, enter product name Scanjet G4010 or Scanjet G4050 (mine).
3. Click the Windows Vista if you have 32 bit Win 7 or Windows Vista (64 bit) if you have 64 bit Win 7.
4. In the Driver table, download the HP Scanjet Full Feature Software and Driver. Save it to disk. Do not run it yet.
5. After the download is complete, right click on the file and select the Properties.
6. Click the Compatibility tab.
7. There will be a drop down select with lots of OS options including Windows Vista, Windows Vista SP1 and Windows Vista SP2. Select plain Windows Vista.
8. Run program and install software.
Worked for me. Call tech support if you have any problems.