Question

Honor Student
Reed17
Message 1 of 1 (156 Views)

Scanjet G4050 Software Uninstall left software that does not show up on Control Panel

I had an HP Scanjet G4050 working on my Vista PC. I started getting some error messages so I decided to uninstall the program to see if reinstalling it would fix the problem. I did not get any error messages on the uninstall. When I went to install the program again, I checked the custom installed and was surprised to see that it showed that the following software programs were still installed:

1. HP Imaging Device Functions

2. HP Solution Center

3. HP Scanjet 4000 Series

4. HP OCR Software

Only the HP Update and HP Photosmart Essential 1.12 were not installed. I went to the control panel to see if I could uninstall them but they did not show up there. If I use the uninstall in the setup CD that came with the scanner, it does not uninstall them.

I can install the two programs that were not installed but I do not get the Solution Center software. I have tried many things and nothing seems to work. I even tried  the instructions in the following URL but nothing works. Any suggestions? I have spent several days trying to fix this. The PC recognizes the hardware - so the driver is okay.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay/?sp4ts.oid=3236371&spf...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation