11-06-2013 07:57 PM
I had an HP Scanjet G4050 working on my Vista PC. I started getting some error messages so I decided to uninstall the program to see if reinstalling it would fix the problem. I did not get any error messages on the uninstall. When I went to install the program again, I checked the custom installed and was surprised to see that it showed that the following software programs were still installed:
1. HP Imaging Device Functions
2. HP Solution Center
3. HP Scanjet 4000 Series
4. HP OCR Software
Only the HP Update and HP Photosmart Essential 1.12 were not installed. I went to the control panel to see if I could uninstall them but they did not show up there. If I use the uninstall in the setup CD that came with the scanner, it does not uninstall them.
I can install the two programs that were not installed but I do not get the Solution Center software. I have tried many things and nothing seems to work. I even tried the instructions in the following URL but nothing works. Any suggestions? I have spent several days trying to fix this. The PC recognizes the hardware - so the driver is okay.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers