11-07-2013 10:07 PM
I had a Scanjet G4050 working with my HP Pavilion PC on Vista 64 and was able to use it for several weeks before I started getting strange behaviour. I decided to uninstall the software with the intent of reinstalling it to see if that would work. The uninstall seemed to work okay. However when I went to reinstall the software from the oringinal CD, I asked for a custom install and the software told me that four of the six programs were already installed. These same programs, however are not listed in the control panel to be able to uninstall them. So I gather that the uninstall was not a successful uninstall even though it appeared to uninstall all the software. I have tried to fix this for several days without success and am looking for ideas on how to get the scanner back up so I can scan more pictures. Any suggestions on how to get a clean uninstall?
The driver is working okay and the scanner is recognized by the PC. So it is not a hardware issue. Strickly a software issue.
Any suggestions will be helpful.
11-18-2013 10:13 PM
Please check if you have Scrubber utility (scrubber.exe file) provided in the installation CD.
If available, then use this utility after uninstall is complete & computer is restarted once.
Generally executing the scubber utility may not show any prompt, but will work in the background.
If the above mentioned steps does not help, you may also check following HP web link for other useful tips:
You may also try to install in a different installation directory than previously used.
Click the 'Kudos Thumbs Up' if this was helpful. Thank You!
(Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers