Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Scanjet G4050
Microsoft Windows XP

I have tried twice to install my new scanner, but when I try to start an application (scan or copy), I get the folloing error message:

The program cannot find any available destinations to which scans can be sent.  Try the following steps.

Reboot the computer

Reinstall the HP Photosmart Software that came with the device.

I have rebooted the computer and reinstalled the software twice and still get the same massage - very frustrating, can you help??

Thanks much - Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Follow the steps in the link below to solve the scan error :

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=3236371&docId=emr_na-c03968799&docLocale...

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own.
If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below. Thank You.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Follow the steps in the link below to solve the scan error :

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=3236371&docId=emr_na-c03968799&docLocale...

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below. Thank You.
HP Recommended

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!! Just loading the software did the trick!!  Most appreciated!!  Bob

HP Recommended

I’m running Win-7 pro (64bit) w/all the latest updates and have an HP G4050 scanner attached. The scanner works fine with Windows Scan & Fax and several other apps.  However, HP Scan (full feature 64 bit edition) fails to launch and gives a “...unable to find any available destinations to which scans can be sent” message. 

Here is my workaround! In order to get HP Scan to run it’s necessary to: (1) first run Scan Doctor to its successful completion; (2) then click on “Test Scan” and, when the scan fails, select the second option (set the scan-to location).  This results in successfully opening and running HP Scan and it then seems to run without further issues.

So, the obvious question is...why doesn’t HP Scan just open correctly in the first place...without having to run the Doctor every time?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Just do a complete uninstall and reinstall the software from the link below and it should solve the problem:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=3236377&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4063

HP Recommended

Oh golly, I appreciate your feedback, however, I've lost count on the number of times I've completed the "uninstall-reinstall" process to no avail.   I've even done the reinstall using several different compatibility modes (e.g., for XP, XP-SP2, for Win 7-32, etc.)...all no help.  Tried with and without Virus Scanner and w/wo Firewall enabled...same results.

One additional note of interest:  Installing the Full Feature software by itself results in Scan Doctor showing issues with HP Twain Drive not being available.  Installing the Full Feature software first and then following that up with the intallation of the Basic Driver allows Scan Doctor to run to a successful completion...except for the "Test Scan" (as mention in my previous post).

I'm guessing there's a problem somewhere in the Registry, however, I simply haven't had a chance to explore this at this time.  For now, I'm just using the "work around" explained in my previous post. 

HP Recommended

Can someone help with this fix that seems to have gone AWOL! Many thanks

"This site can’t be reached"

HP Recommended

@ZimDoug wrote:

Can someone help with this fix that seems to have gone AWOL! Many thanks

"This site can’t be reached"

I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for HP to fix this issue with ether their “Basic Feature Driver” nor their “Full Feature Driver & Software” for PCs running Windows 7 or an earlier MS OS.  I have a hunch it just isn’t going to happen!

I’m running Win-7 Pro (64bit) and, even without the more sophisticated HP scanner app, I still enjoy using my HP Scanjet G4050.  Unfortunately, I’ve had to resign myself to running Windows Fax & Scan to tease out that modicum of pleasure from the scanner.  Shame on HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.