11-19-2013 01:06 PM
I have installed the software that came with my Scanjet G4050, and the scanner seems to work correctly but when it tells me it is saving an image file to the folder I requested nothing is saved to my Vista (64) PC. This happens if I run it from the HP Scanning icon on my desktop, or HP Solution Center, or the button on the scanner. Also the printer/scanner J4680 that I use to scan documents with will no longer save files also.
I have run HP & Windows updates. I removed the Scanjet G4050 software and reinstalled it. There were two other software programs (OCR Software by IRIS & HP Imaging Device) that were installed or updated by the installation disk but I was warned not remove them by the Control Panel.
I have update HP Solution Center from 10 to 13.0. I have run Print and Scan Doctor with nothing found. I notice when I try to scan that in the software's settings box under "send to" it is blank. When I click on the "send to" box a large blank selection box appears but nothing to select in it. Also if I check I wanted Windows Explorer to open when done, this does not occur when I am finished.
I called HP support, they played with my computer for awhile, could not fix and said they would call back. I have not heard from them.
Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers