12-17-2013 09:42 AM
My Scanjet professional 3000's LED power light blinks red after turning on. The LED will turn green when first turned on , then after about 5 seconds blinks red. The LED blinks red 4 times then pauses, blinks red 4 times and continues this pattern. When I open a scannig software Paper Port I get error code 2013 Paper jam. This unit had a paper jam a few days ago but I removed the jam and cannot get the red light to stop. I cannot scan with the unit at this time.
06-05-2014 12:19 PM
Had the exact same issue 30 days ago. Bought a backup unit while I was waiting for my HP replacement to show up (Only 2 days from the time they acknowledged that it was a hardware issue), whaich has worked perfectly fine since then.
Until today, when another paper jam has caused the same issue. Cleared the jam, but no luck. Go through the whole process of cleaning, clearing, resetting, but no joy.
This unit is in 300 page per day service.
Customer service (telephone service) is a bit lacking......
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers