Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I am unable to scan or copy. I was scanning a number of pictures with everything working fine until I received the error message scanner error 22 on the printer display. Even after clearing the error message I was still unable to scan or copy without getting the same error  message. I have unpluged the printer and repluged it in, still the same problem. I have uninstalled the printer several times and reinstalled using the two install files found on the support portion of the HP site, several times and still unable to scan or copy. Can not think of anything different to do. Can anyone help with this problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

1) Switch off the printer

2) Unplug power cable

3) Press the power button on the printer, it will switch on for a second and go off, this is to drain the remaining power

4) Plug the power cable back in

5) Switch on the printer

6) Scanning must work now

I was getting this error and just switching off and on after 30 secs wont work, it worked after I followed the steps above, it works for most electronic devices in case you have a problem, for example my friends HP laptop would not display anything on the screen when powered on, I removed his batteries and pressed the power button to drain all the power stored in the capacitors, then put the battery back and switched it on, it worked fine, same thing for my smartphone as well when it wont function well.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hi,

As I understand you get Scanner Error 22 on LaserJet M1212 MFP,

Kindly follow these steps to resolve the issue.

1.Turn off the power by using the power switch, wait at least 30 seconds, and then turn on the power and wait for the product to initialize.

2.If a surge protector is being used, remove it. Plug the product directly into the wall socket. Use the power  switch  to turn the product on.

3. Perform a Hard reset on the unit.

1. Turn the printer off. 
2. Press and hold down CANCEL and Start Copy buttons at the same time while powering on printer.
3. Continue to hold down buttons until the control panel display reads PERMANENT STORAGE INIT. 
4. Release the buttons.  Printer will return to Ready automatically.

though I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Thumbs Up icon in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution
HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion, however it did not solve the problem. When trying to scan the error 22 message still shows up.

HP Recommended

When copying you are putting to much pressure on the document, we do this with books and other documents. Turn off power unplug printer for about 30 seconds replug and turn on this should get rid of the error 22 start copying.

HP Recommended

Thanks but I am scanning pictures and not putting any pressure on the cover.

HP Recommended

Did you unplug the printer and waited about 30 seconds, then plug it back in? You might have to install the driver again. Unless your scanner is not working that happen with my other HP printer never was able to make it work ever again.

HP Recommended

Please refer to my original message where I listed these things as already tried.

HP Recommended

1) Switch off the printer

2) Unplug power cable

3) Press the power button on the printer, it will switch on for a second and go off, this is to drain the remaining power

4) Plug the power cable back in

5) Switch on the printer

6) Scanning must work now

I was getting this error and just switching off and on after 30 secs wont work, it worked after I followed the steps above, it works for most electronic devices in case you have a problem, for example my friends HP laptop would not display anything on the screen when powered on, I removed his batteries and pressed the power button to drain all the power stored in the capacitors, then put the battery back and switched it on, it worked fine, same thing for my smartphone as well when it wont function well.

HP Recommended

:catvery-happy:Thanks this worked.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I tried the steps above, but my printer is still showing "Scanner Error 22." Help please! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.