Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet MFP M277dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I noticed a line running down the side of the scanned/copied documents - only when using the ADL.

When trying to clean that glass strip at the left of the flatbed, I noticed a clear plastic strip over the glass.  

Is that supposed to be removed?  It is glued on pretty tight, so I was reluctant to discard it.

IMG_5718.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @DDSNY,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you were getting a line while making copies through the ADF and found a protective transparent strip and would like to know if you could remove it. 

Is the printer working fine when you print any documents?

The transparent film is a protective layer which has to be removed while removing any packaging materials. 

Please remove the strip and the line should go away. 

While making copies or scanning make sure the scanner lid is closed completely.

Refer to this HP Article for improving copy quality. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As it turns out, this was incorrect information. The clear plastic sheeting prevented the paper from getting stuck under the white plastic extension of the paper guide.  I cleaned and replaced the plastic, and the mark is gone.

IMG_5723.JPG

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and letting me know about the transparent strip. Will keep that in mind in the future.

Glad that the printer is working fine after you cleaned the strip.

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.