12-30-2011 09:28 PM
1) they don't have wireless.
2) I cannot get the scanner to work.
3) I have followed all the Diagnostics, including using the utitlity to remove all HP stuff from site and reinstalling. Also previous to that removed all Photosmart items as directed. We had the CD. I even went to the website to download the exe file after using the Remove Utility.
I'm using the HP Solutions to click Scanner. Message I get is "a software component was not found PhotoSmart.
I go to reinstall the software. It get to the point of "connect to USB or connect to wireless". I click on USB, hit next. Message I get is "unable to connect with USB Port" and the system won't let me more forward. It shuts down. ( tried to do this a few times, even shutting down the computer)
I looked at the files and while many of the HP files are on the computer, the Photosmart isn't. Print feature does work.
When I hit scan, it gies me an error message showing that it needs to be set up "go to documentation",
I am at a loss as to how to get the scanner to work.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers