Question

Top Student
coachmaira
Message 1 of 2 (439 Views)

Scanner Not working All-In-One 4500 wireless.

1) they don't have wireless.

2) I cannot get the scanner to work.

3) I have followed all the Diagnostics, including using the utitlity to remove all HP stuff from site and reinstalling.  Also previous to that removed all Photosmart items as directed.  We had the CD.  I even went to the website to download the exe file after using the Remove Utility.

I'm using the HP Solutions to click Scanner.  Message I get is "a software component was not found PhotoSmart.

I go to reinstall the software.  It get to the point of "connect to USB or connect to wireless".   I click on USB, hit next.  Message I get is  "unable to connect with USB Port"   and the system won't let me more forward.  It shuts down.  ( tried to do this a few times, even shutting down the computer)

I looked at the files and while many of the HP files are on the computer, the Photosmart isn't.   Print feature does work. 

Printer:

When I hit scan, it gies me an error message showing that it needs to be set up "go to documentation",

I am at a loss as to how to get the scanner to work.

Student
angmil
Message 2 of 2 (293 Views)

Re: Scanner Not working All-In-One 4500 wireless.

I have a message saying that it cannot find a scanner my  printer work so why not the scanner

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation