Question

Student
induru
Message 1 of 22 (10,900 Views)

Scanner Problem-HP Photosmart Premium C310

Few days back i bought a brand new HP Photosmart Premium C310 series printer and when the same was connected i noticed a message "Scanner Problem - Turn printer off and then on, If problem is not fixed, the scanner component is broken and can not copy or scan". I followed the advise but scanner not working. However printer is working. Any solution please? 

...induru

Honor Student
rogerhofmann
Message 2 of 22 (10,699 Views)

Re: Scanner Problem-HP Photosmart Premium C310

I've got the same Problem!

Student
pabloloco
Message 3 of 22 (10,691 Views)

I have the same issue, has anyone contacted hp support?

Honor Student
rogerhofmann
Message 4 of 22 (10,646 Views)

i have to change my new C 310 ;-(

Student
Mazdaman1952
Message 5 of 22 (10,344 Views)

Seems I am having exact same problem with my HP 310a...did you contact HP Support?  Did you end up returing your all-in-one to the store and getting a new one? 

Student
davidalan51
Message 6 of 22 (10,240 Views)

I am getting the same message on our new Photosmart Premium C310.  Everything else is working fine after the setup, but I immediately got a message that there is a "scanner problem".  Turning the unit off and powering it back up did not change anything.

Student
BrianW11
Message 7 of 22 (10,180 Views)

Just to add to this thread. I received the same error when I setup my printer as well. I encountered a couple of problems during initial setup (the first being the printer was powered off during setup) that may have contributed to this issue, but the end result was the scanner was giving the error described in this thread.

I contacted HP (Macintosh) tech support. The printer wouldn't copy or scan from the printer interface, my mac wouldn't scan, and my PC wouldn't scan. The tech support rep had me update my drivers (which I had already done) from hp.com. I applied an apple update via <apple> "Software Update" to my mac as well. Nothing fixed the issue. 

I did some further searching of product reviews on various sites and decided that this was an anomaly, so I returned the printer to where I purchased it.

I unpacked the new printer and made it through the setup without issue. I also noticed that it did a few things this time around in the setup that I didn't see the first time through (it told me to load photo and regular paper for example). Once setup was complete I did NOT receive the scanner error. I then ran the printer through its paces and every function worked as it was suppose to. 

So unfortunately for those of you reading this thread it seems the printer may really be broken and should be returned to the store for a replacement.

Student
PerraP
Message 8 of 22 (9,538 Views)

I got the same problem. Today I got a new unit for replace (had to wait 1 week). Guess what, the same problem
occurs with the new one. It looks like the scanner is not align with the scanner glas.

Tpo Quality, don't think so......

Student
drago914
Message 9 of 22 (8,414 Views)

I too have the same problem. I contacted HP customer support and they told me that it was an easy driver fix. They then told me that there would be a $170 dollar charge for them to "fix" my problem. (And have access to more support through the next year) I declined. They then tried to push a $39.99 one time fix. I told them that the printer was brand new and I should not have to pay anything for this service. I plan on returning the printer.

Student
eas207
Message 10 of 22 (8,078 Views)

You can log into the printer via a web application - http://new-host-3.local./

I was able to then connect and scan from this site.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation