Question
Scanner Problem-HP Photosmart Premium C310
Replies (21)

Top Student
nejlika35
Message 11 of 22 (1,157 Views)

Re: Scanner Problem-HP Photosmart Premium C310

I have a new Photosmart Premium C310 series print, scan, copy. I am using Windows 7 on my HP new computer. The printer will print wireless, but it will not scan. When I used the scan icon from the printer, it says to initiate a scan from the computer. When I open the printer settings on the computer, I only get print options. When I try to open the HP solutions window, it gives the message that not any scanner is found. I do not know how to make Windows to recognize my printer as a scanner. Printer can copy and print only. Somebody advised me this site saying that through the site I can make my printer to scan - how?

Top Student
nejlika35
Message 12 of 22 (1,155 Views)

How?? I could not get this site on my Windows 7, "Windows cannot connect to this site" - so what to do?

Top Student
nejlika35
Message 13 of 22 (1,153 Views)

I meant the site http://new-host-3.local./
Top Student
nejlika35
Message 14 of 22 (1,152 Views)

It is impossibly to connect with this site. If you meant the device website (with printer IP address) so yes, theoretically is possibly to scan from the site, but despite the indicator shows 'scanning the page' so happens NOTHING!
Professor
Gordon_H
Message 15 of 22 (1,127 Views)

Hi nejlika35,

Have you tried running the HP Print and Scan Doctor? This is a quick and easy tool that diagnoses and resolves many printing, scanning, and connectivity problems. Click the link below for details on downloading and running this tool:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03286146&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=4231205

:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
Top Student
nejlika35
Message 16 of 22 (1,110 Views)

I have tried to install Print and Scan Doctor, but I keep getting message that Installation program stopped working and Windows closed every installation! I was looking for solution, they said that it usually happens if my computer has AMD processor or others, which my computer DOES NOT HAVE - it has Intel R Core i7. In this way I cannot install this helping application (it was many other problem with installations, by the way) and it was NOT any advice what to do in my case... By the way, the tries of installation destroyed my printer settings and it ended even print - but luckily I succeeded to reinstall it and get it print again. It all took me whole night without result.. I must buy another, separate printer! And I think HP is shameles to sell such rubbish.. Cheers, A.

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 17 of 22 (1,100 Views)

The next thing you should try would be to wipe the current software installation and start 'fresh'. To do this, follow the instructions below:

Step one - Clear temp directory:

Click on the Windows Start button and type %temp% in the run or search for programs and files field

Highlight all the files in this folder, and then press the delete key to delete. If you get a message that the file is in use you will need to skip this file(s).

Step two - Downloaded and extracted to your system:

1. Download the most current full feature software and drivers for your printer from the link below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-85745-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

2. Once the download is finished, double click on the file to extract the software.

3. When the extraction completes, and the installation window opens, press the cancel button to stop the installation

4. Click on the Windows Start button and type %temp% in the run or search for programs and files field

5. Look for, and open, the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

6. Right click on the folder, and select Copy

7. Close that window (and all your open windows), then in the middle of the desktop right click your mouse, and select Paste. This will move the 7z folder to your desktop.

8. Open the 7z folder you just copied to your desktop

9. Open folder Util

10. Open folder CCC

11. Run the uninstall_L4

12. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

13. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools folder under all programs

14. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?promoid=JZEFT

15. Open the 7z folder, and then double click on the Setup.exe file which will be toward the bottom of the open window. Follow the on screen instructions to reinstall your printer.

:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
mequel75
Message 18 of 22 (1,034 Views)

[ Edited ]

This worked for me. Ran the scanner doctor as per the link from Gordon H, it said that the driver wasn't communicating with the device. It got me to unplug the device, plug it back in, then click restart in the doctor program. PC started back up, hit continue (doctor automatically loaded up) and the scan was successful. Thanks.

Honor Student
mequel75
Message 19 of 22 (1,032 Views)

Thanks Gordon H, this worked for me.
Top Student
nejlika35
Message 20 of 22 (989 Views)

Hi Gordon, I thank you very much for advices and your time :smileyhappy: - But I am so tired of these problems with this bl...y printer, that I gave up.  I have not energy and I am not smart enough to make this you suggested. Much too complicated!  I tried to download 'HP Print and Scan Doctor', but it was completely impossible and I have got advices as well, but I am not able to tear my health any more sitting many nights up and without results. I have PC and hardware-software experience since 1996, but I have never such exhausting problems as now, with HP products. I probably buy a little scanner, not HP, God beware, and will not bother you any more! I only wish I ever bought this rubbish like  HP Photosmart Premium C310. I still cannot scan, of course. Problems with printer are repeating as well, from time to time printer does not want to print either. I worn myself on all those problems.

Greetings, Anna.

PS. I cannot see here any Kudos..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation