Question

Honor Student
FHaasl
Message 1 of 3 (279 Views)

Scanner Problem with Office Jet 7410

[ Edited ]

I have had the printer for a long time. I finally wanted to scan something and it is asking me to install the software? I am not sure why it is asking that. Shouldn't that have been set up when I originally set up the printer? I do have a different computer now. Is that what it is asking me to do? Install software in the ne computer? Can I download from the HP site? Thanik you for help!

PhD Student
Praveen_David
Message 2 of 3 (264 Views)

Re: Scanner Problem with Office Jet 7410

Hi,

Is the printer connected using USB or in network? what is the OS installed?

1) Does the message "Install the software" appear when you pres the scan button on the printer???

2) Check if you are able to scan from the computer by using HP Director software. If your computer is Windows Vista or

Windows 7 then open HP Solution Center

3) Try this utility - HP Scan Diagnostic Utility

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Honor Student
FHaasl
Message 3 of 3 (251 Views)

Re: Scanner Problem with Office Jet 7410

Hi,

The printer is connected wireless, but could be connected with a USB. The operations sys is Windows7. The message appears on the printer when I press the scan button.

I have not tried the HP Solution Center and not tried the utility. I will check into that. But hope to hear back from you with more assistance.

Thank you for your help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation