02-20-2011 10:56 AM - edited 02-20-2011 10:59 AM
I have had the printer for a long time. I finally wanted to scan something and it is asking me to install the software? I am not sure why it is asking that. Shouldn't that have been set up when I originally set up the printer? I do have a different computer now. Is that what it is asking me to do? Install software in the ne computer? Can I download from the HP site? Thanik you for help!
02-20-2011 01:31 PM
Is the printer connected using USB or in network? what is the OS installed?
1) Does the message "Install the software" appear when you pres the scan button on the printer???
2) Check if you are able to scan from the computer by using HP Director software. If your computer is Windows Vista or
Windows 7 then open HP Solution Center
3) Try this utility - HP Scan Diagnostic Utility
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
02-21-2011 04:39 PM
The printer is connected wireless, but could be connected with a USB. The operations sys is Windows7. The message appears on the printer when I press the scan button.
I have not tried the HP Solution Center and not tried the utility. I will check into that. But hope to hear back from you with more assistance.
Thank you for your help!
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax