Scanner Unreachable - HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177 PCLmS (1177 Views)
Honor Student
Ulterior
Message 1 of 8 (1,177 Views)

Scanner Unreachable - HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177 PCLmS

[ Edited ]

Hello, 

After reading through most of the solutions found on this board and having no positive results I decided to create a new post. I have been trying to scan with my new printer with no luck. I've tried a wired and wireless connection, tried the HP Print and Scan Doctor, uninstalling all software and re-installing from the HP site, nothing seems to work.

During the diagnostic in the HPP&S-Dr. I receive a "Windows (WIA) Scan Error" where I am asked to uninstall and reinstall the software. This was done numerous times. The HP Twain Scan portion completes with no issue, and the fourth part gives me another error advising that the Dr. was unable to find the HP scan application. I have a working shortcut on my desktop and I can locate it on my hard drive. On a related note, I cannot scan from MS Paint. The LaserJet Service checks out ok.

I am running Windows 7 - 64bit, 

Any suggestion would be much appreciated!

Honor Student
Ulterior
Message 2 of 8 (1,167 Views)

Re: Scanner Unreachable - HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177 PCLmS

Just a quick update, I tried accessing the printer through the ip address method listed at the top of the forum and discovered there isn't a scan tab at the top. Is my new printer broken?

Top Student
Frat-man-du
Message 3 of 8 (1,097 Views)

[ Edited ]

same issue and same set up...even returned and got a 2nd MFP - same issue.  Tried three PCs all same issue.  Has to be an issue with installer and Win7 64bit as  I finally tried an old XP and it worked.  I need Win7 64bit for work though.  Hope HP has a solution soon.

Note: same results with the HP Print and Scan Doctor - says there is an issue an to reinstall. I have even cleared the drivers by using the Command prompt Printui /s /t2 and completely removing.

Tutor
Helen-Hua
Message 4 of 8 (1,070 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi. Not sure if the driver installed successfully.  Is print and copy OK?  Does Scan driver from "Devices and Printers"  look good?  Please help provide more information for troubleshooting like: Win 7 OS, 64b or 32b? The way you feed document, ADF (doc feeder on the top of the printer) or Flatbed (open the cover and put the doc on the galss)? Printer connections, wired, wireless or USB? You may have a  try to unistall the driver completely (from "Start-HP- HP MFP M177- Uninstall", and "Control panel - Devices and Printers-Remove device"), then set up with full feature sofetware from HP.com.

Top Student
Frat-man-du
Message 5 of 8 (1,066 Views)

Hi ,thanks for the response  :smileyhappy:

Print and fax all work fine. 

win7 64bit

8GB Memory

119GB free on SSD drive

printer connected via 10' cable to a USB 2.0 port (tried different cables - no change)

placed doc on scanner manually tried PDF and jpeg scans.

I have removed via Command Prompt: Printui and control panel and reinstalled... I will try the HP uninstalled and advise today.

Top Student
Frat-man-du
Message 6 of 8 (1,059 Views)

HP didnt put an uninstalled package with the MFP M177...booooo  A clean removal still leads back to the same issue - the scanner fires up, you hear it start then get a no communication message - check cable or call HP.  HP  says to remove drivers... again and again and again...  Ihave a 2nd system and it works fine (but its 32bit) and if I swap it works fine on the 32bit and the workig MFP now wont scan.  It seems there is an issue with the 64bit drivers.

Student
Halfbat
Message 7 of 8 (517 Views)

Was there a resolution to this?  I have the same problem - everything works perfectly BAR the HP scan.

(Same config - Windows 64, Wireless, etc!)

Top Student
Frat-man-du
Message 8 of 8 (515 Views)

I moved user back to 32 bit and it worked fine.  Seems the drivers dont work well on 64bit Win7

I have 4 others and only one worked on 64bit - I cant tell you why nor could HP.  I swapped  printers and the issue was always with the PC.  All the PCs are from the same image, one was a new build - still wouldnt scan.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation