Question

Honor Student
fly4fun
Message 1 of 3 (818 Views)

Scanner does not complete scan, stops before "accept"

Windows XP, HP 7410 all in one, re-installed HP7410 rub_w01_Americas_Euro1.exe. Wireless through a Linksys router. Worked until last week.

Hp director opens, scan document opens, select 7410 TWAIN, start scan, screen scans and shows the document but never completes. The resize or select part of image box never appears. The screen stays open without ever going the next step to allow accept image.The process becomes "Not Responding.

The program was working last week, just started doing this. I have fully deleted all HP software, temporary files, and the recycle bin and reinstalled.

On re-install I used the minimum and simplest options wherever offered. The only change is that now scan to PDF is no longer available. 

I have an old computer, also on the wireless network taht hangs around as a back up, the scan feature still works. IE Explorer has not been updated in 6 months.

Honor Student
whitepony0413
Message 2 of 3 (476 Views)

Re: Scanner does not complete scan, stops before "accept"

Hi, I know you posted this a while ago but did you ever solve the problem? I am having a similar problem w/my C7180. Please let me know how you made out. Thanks very much! -Lynne

Honor Student
fly4fun
Message 3 of 3 (411 Views)

Re: Scanner does not complete scan, stops before "accept"

No the problem continues to exist. the 7410 is not really a wireless machine when I have to carry scans on a memory card by hand,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation