06-23-2011 04:40 PM
I have a officejet 4500 desktop G510a, that says scanner failure on the printer. It will print from the computer but will not copy or scan(don't use fax). I have done everything that was recommended and nothing works!! The printer was purchased during this tax season-so it's not that old. What else can I do? I have turned off the printer, disconnected it from the computer, uninstalled the printer(twice), disconnected the powder supply and shut down the computer. Any suggestions??
08-30-2011 10:52 AM
We have the same problem, but where do we go to get a solution to the problem, or do we just trash the printer, but it's only 13 months old and not used that often., Ouch!
09-07-2011 08:05 PM
Mine was self-inflicted. I was trying to copy something without closing the top all the way. If you don't the little "screwdriver" on the part that moves, doesn't go into the screw hole in the flat bad. Apparently stopping the turning of that "screw" allows the scanner to move.
09-21-2011 09:22 PM
Are you folks seeing any error message on the display UI like "Scanner Failure" or "Cannot Copy/Scan" ? Also, are you copying through the PC or through the printer?
Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
09-21-2011 11:47 PM
Could you help to elaborate more on this problem?
Does the Scanner move when you press the [Start] button or not moving at all?
If you take a careful look on the scanner you will see a scanner carriage beneath the glass, and it will move when the scan job take places. could you let me know where does the scanner carriage stop when you are seeing the "scanner failure"? (is it stucking near the wall at the right most).
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers