11-24-2008 09:06 PM
I have the HP officejet 6210 and have never used the scanner but use it as a printer. Tonight I wanted to scan a photo, and I push the scan button on the printer and got an error message saying "no scan options, I need to run or install device software. I am unable to find the disc, and use the printer already. Is there a special download that I need to get on this computer? Can someone walk me through what I need to download and how to scan a photo so I can put the photo on my website?
11-24-2008 09:23 PM
You can download the software by clicking on this link:
Chose the appropriate operating system and then download and save the FULL FEATURE SOFTWARE provide on the site.
Note: You need to save it to your computer first before installing it.
And here is the link regarding the support for your printer that includes HOW TO's and solving basic problem for your printer:
07-18-2012 06:01 PM
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers