Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Laserjet M1136 MFP
Windows 8.1

When I click on scan,The status is showing as in progress,then the preview is not showing any image just showing blank white color.

though the scanning is done,Document is not scanned,just showing white blank color

Printer name:Laserjet M1136 MFP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI Community,

✔️You can check the steps in this video: Resolving Issues That Cause Blank Scans or Copies | HP Printers | @HPSupport 

✔️ If the copier stops working or a Scanner Failure. Unable to Scan, Copy, or Fax displays, there might be a hardware related issue such a scanner mechanism jam or calibration issue, low scanner bulb temperature, or an internal or external electrical problem. The issue is not related to network or USB connection issues.

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer, disconnect the power cord from the power source, and then wait 30 seconds.

2. If you are using a power strip or multi-plug adapter, connect the cord directly to a wall outlet to make sure the printer is getting enough power.

3. Reconnect the power cord to the printer, and then try making a copy.

• If the error still displays, connect the printer to a different wall outlet to determine if the original outlet is causing the issue.

• If the error still displays with a different wall outlet, partially lift the scanner lid, and then press the Copy button or icon. If the scanner light does not illuminate or move across the glass, service the printer. If it moves and you still cannot copy, continue to the next step.

4. Additional things to try. Restore factory default settings: For printers with control panel menus, locate the Restore Factory Defaults or similar menu under Setup or Tools.

Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

If the copy page is completely black, it is an issue with the scanner and the printer needs to be serviced.

Please reach out to HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Agatha
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @Avinashaaaa,

I see by your post that when you scan the preview is blank. I would really like to be able to help you resolve this issue.

Temporarily turn off any Antivirus Software, just to make sure it isn't interfering with the communication.

Download and run the Print and Scan Doctor. It will diagnose the issue and might automatically resolve it. Find and fix common printer problems using HP diagnostic tools for Windows?

You might need to uninstall and reinstall the printer software.

What were the results when you ran the Print and Scan Doctor? (did it print or scan, any error messages)

Please let me know if you require any additional assistance.

Have a fantastic day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
I reinstalled printer software,disabled anti virus,I installed and ran print and doctor software.
No errors,the document scanned successfully.but the scan jpg/pdf is blank and white.
HP Recommended

Hi Avinashaaaa,

Try and make a copy to see if you get a blank page.

Were you trying to scan from the ADF or the glass?

Make sure there isn't a paper on the ADF and the glass at the same time.

Try scanning from the other one to see if you have the same results.

I would do a hard reset if you are still having issues.
Leave the printer on and unplug the power cable from the printer and wall outlet for 60 seconds.
Then reconnect the power cable to the printer and wall outlet rather than a surge protector.
This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.

The scanner mechanism bulb might not turn on when trying to scan, copy, or fax.

There are two main causes for this issue:

It could be the scanner bulb temperature is too low or there is an internal or external electrical malfunction.

Please keep the scanner lid open and then press the copy button.

Check if the scanner bulb glows.

Also to see if the scanner moves freely across the glass.

Let me know the results.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
After pressing copy,Scanner is moving freely and bulb is glowing.but the document is not printing.
Please help.
HP Recommended

Thanks for providing that information Avinashaaaa .

Since the printer won't even copy, it looks more like a hardware issue then software related now.

Here is a document for not being able to scan or copy.

A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or F...

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

removed

HP Recommended

I tired shutting it down for 2minutes and it worked. It started scanning

HP Recommended

HI Community,

✔️You can check the steps in this video: Resolving Issues That Cause Blank Scans or Copies | HP Printers | @HPSupport 

✔️ If the copier stops working or a Scanner Failure. Unable to Scan, Copy, or Fax displays, there might be a hardware related issue such a scanner mechanism jam or calibration issue, low scanner bulb temperature, or an internal or external electrical problem. The issue is not related to network or USB connection issues.

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer, disconnect the power cord from the power source, and then wait 30 seconds.

2. If you are using a power strip or multi-plug adapter, connect the cord directly to a wall outlet to make sure the printer is getting enough power.

3. Reconnect the power cord to the printer, and then try making a copy.

• If the error still displays, connect the printer to a different wall outlet to determine if the original outlet is causing the issue.

• If the error still displays with a different wall outlet, partially lift the scanner lid, and then press the Copy button or icon. If the scanner light does not illuminate or move across the glass, service the printer. If it moves and you still cannot copy, continue to the next step.

4. Additional things to try. Restore factory default settings: For printers with control panel menus, locate the Restore Factory Defaults or similar menu under Setup or Tools.

Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

If the copy page is completely black, it is an issue with the scanner and the printer needs to be serviced.

Please reach out to HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Agatha
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.