Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One Photoshop C6280
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had been using my scanner previously and it was working just fine over a wireless set up.  Now, when I went to click new scan icon, a small  box came up and said, "Establishing a connection with 6200.192.168.9.2 and it just hangs there and establishes no connection.  I have to forcibly shut down Microsoft fax and scan program using Task Manager.   I have shut down my PC printer and wireless modem and disconnected and since reconnected and powered everything up again.  My wireless and seems to be working fine as I can get onto the internet, etc, but trying to scan a new document yeilds the same results as before with the application trying to establish a connection and just hanging there.  I have used my HP scan and print doctor and all is well with my devises, except for low ink levels.   My drivers are current according to a scan of my PC by HP.  Please help.  What next?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Zippy-4

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I understand that you cannot scan with your HP Photosmart c6280 printer. I am happy to help you with your scanning! 

To confirm the printer's hardware is functional, are you able to make a copy with the printer's scanner glass?

For now, please try the troubleshooting steps within this guide, Network Scanner Connection is Lost (Windows), and let me know what happens! 

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope this post helps! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Zippy-4

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I understand that you cannot scan with your HP Photosmart c6280 printer. I am happy to help you with your scanning! 

To confirm the printer's hardware is functional, are you able to make a copy with the printer's scanner glass?

For now, please try the troubleshooting steps within this guide, Network Scanner Connection is Lost (Windows), and let me know what happens! 

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope this post helps! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Thank you for the help.  I now want to know how to disable the ink usage meter as it the cartridge is showing it's empty of ink when only half of the ink has been used.  Seems a waste to me to pay for a full cartridge and then only using half of it and then have to get a new cartridge.

Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.