Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Consistently getting Scanner Unreachable message on PC when trying to scan to PC.  Have gone through all the trouble-shooting steps including reboots, uninstall/reinstall, driver updates, firewall (Windows 8.0) disable, HP Print & Scan Doctor 5.0.  

Printer is connected to wireless network, PC is ethernet connection to router.

Everything checks out, printer is recognized, windows image capture service on automatic, updates installed, etc.  But as soon as I try to do a test scan through Print & Scan Doctor,  HP Scan and Capture, or launch scan from the printer, the response comes back that Scanner is unreachable.  

Getting same issue from a 64K  laptop running Windows 7 Home premium that has a wireless connection to network.

Printing works fine.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please Uninstall and Reinstall the FULL feature software following these steps:

1. Uninstall the software in your computer

Can you try this Uninstaller from Microsoft and then reinstall the FULL feature software again?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed...

2. Download and save the FULL feature software (do not install it online)

The following resource will help you :

http://123.hp.com/us/en/

Key in your printer model, Operating System and download & install the FULL feature software.

3. Install the FULL feature “Saved” software

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can you try using a TCP/IP port?  Watch the example that shows how it's done:

Create & Use TCP IP port

Note that you can ALWAYS revert back to the original port that the HP software installed by selecting the HP port under the Ports tab (in Printer Properties)

Let us know if that works

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, changing to TCP/IP had no impact.  

Printing just fine, but Scanner Unreachable message persists even though the PC can see the printer, ink levels, etc. and the printer has a wireless connection pointing to the PC.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please Uninstall and Reinstall the FULL feature software following these steps:

1. Uninstall the software in your computer

Can you try this Uninstaller from Microsoft and then reinstall the FULL feature software again?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed...

2. Download and save the FULL feature software (do not install it online)

The following resource will help you :

http://123.hp.com/us/en/

Key in your printer model, Operating System and download & install the FULL feature software.

3. Install the FULL feature “Saved” software

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

This is better and seems to work from the PC.  I cannot launch a scan from the printer because it says the printer can't find the network but I am able to print and scan from the PC.

Thanks for the help.

HP Recommended

Hi @BenjiS

If you are trying to Scan to PC, please watch the following examples on how to enable and use it correctly:

Scan to Computer

How to use "Scan to Computer" properly

Hope that helps!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.