Question

Student
Mauimarsha
Message 1 of 6 (217 Views)

Scanner will not work on HP Officejet 4500 Wireless

My scanner cannot find my PC to scan to and I can't find the information on how to get to to communicate.  It use to work, but is not finding it now.

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 2 of 6 (177 Views)

Re: Scanner will not work on HP Officejet 4500 Wireless

Hi Mauimarsha,

I saw that you were having an issue with your Officejet 4500 Wireless scanning to your computer. I understand there is a communication issue and would like to help.

Could you please respond to me to let me know which operating system you are running, and what the exact error message is that you see when you try to scan?

Can you successfully scan from the printer software from the computer, instead of from the front of the printer?

Hope to hear back from you soon! :smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Honor Student
FMT28
Message 3 of 6 (173 Views)

I have just perchased a 66os computer and a Hp eny 4500 printer The printer works but prints the last page first That I would like to change The printer will not scan by its self or to the comp.  Is there more soft ware that I need and if so where do I get it?

Honor Student
FMT28
Message 4 of 6 (172 Views)

I am running Windows 7 64 bit wire less and the printer works from my computer but not from the front pannel on the printer

Honor Student
FMT28
Message 5 of 6 (169 Views)

I am waitingfor a reply

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 6 of 6 (150 Views)

Hello FMT28,

I would recommend running the Install Wizard for your issue. You may need to have the complete full feature software installed, which is just what this tool will search for, for you.

Please let me know if you are able to scan once the installation completes!

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&jumpid=ex_r4155/hho/ipg/ccdoc/p...

If you are not able to make a copy, there may be a hardware issue with the printer. (Let me know if this is the case).

Thanks!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation