Question

Student
Suerick
Message 1 of 3 (568 Views)

Scanner won't work

I have the HP Officejet 6500 and the scanner will not work it tells me "NO Scan Options" I upgraded the driver to Windows 7 and it still won't scan....any suggestions?

Intern
Jonathan_Y
Message 2 of 3 (564 Views)

Re: Scanner won't work

Hi,

No Scan options - it refers that the printer is not unable to locate computer connected to it, it is possible that you may able to scan from the computer itself using HP application.

Towards fixing 'No Scan Options' you can run Scan Diagnostic Utility.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02073847&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en

If it does not work then you can re-install the printer software.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Regards,
Jonathan.

Student
saknv
Message 3 of 3 (503 Views)

Re: Scanner won't work

The scanner for my HP Officejet 6500 3-in1 wireless worked fine with Windows XP but would not work on my new HP computer with Windows 7. After spending two days trying to find the problem, I finally found directions on how to fix it. They worked!

I use my printer in wireless mode.  Even after I installed my new computer, the printer continued to work fine (although slow). I never used the USB cord.  Today, following the directions, for the first time I hooked up my new computer to my printer with the USB cord, then turned on the printer. Voila!  The computer immediately sent a new scanner driver to the printer. 

Apparently I can't use Hp Solution Center anymore, but when I brought up "Windows Fax and Scan,"  I was able to scan a document and e-mail it.  "How to get your Hp printer working on Windows 7" is the name of the site. at https://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02658990&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=50...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation