06-20-2011 06:18 PM
No Scan options - it refers that the printer is not unable to locate computer connected to it, it is possible that you may able to scan from the computer itself using HP application.
Towards fixing 'No Scan Options' you can run Scan Diagnostic Utility.
If it does not work then you can re-install the printer software.
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
08-11-2011 02:30 PM
The scanner for my HP Officejet 6500 3-in1 wireless worked fine with Windows XP but would not work on my new HP computer with Windows 7. After spending two days trying to find the problem, I finally found directions on how to fix it. They worked!
I use my printer in wireless mode. Even after I installed my new computer, the printer continued to work fine (although slow). I never used the USB cord. Today, following the directions, for the first time I hooked up my new computer to my printer with the USB cord, then turned on the printer. Voila! The computer immediately sent a new scanner driver to the printer.
Apparently I can't use Hp Solution Center anymore, but when I brought up "Windows Fax and Scan," I was able to scan a document and e-mail it. "How to get your Hp printer working on Windows 7" is the name of the site. at https://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docna
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax