Question

Top Student
jhanna422
Message 1 of 6 (577 Views)

Scanning APPCRASH on Officejet Pro L7590 Win 7 32-bit

When I got a new computer with Windows 7 (32-bit) I downloaded the updated software from HP Drivers to ensure I had a driver that worked with Windows 7.  If I try scanning from the feeder, the application might get one page through and crash.  If I scan from the bed, I am only able to scan one page at a time and save, I can't scan multiple pages, because it could be page 2 or page 4 or page ? when the scan app will crash.  I have tried the patch for windows 7 and tried the feeder again.  It crachsed on page 4 of 4. ARGH! Below is the detail of my error.  I have been reading the HP forums and it seems like this should be a major pain in HP's side.  What is being done to fix this?  Other than trashing the printer and buying something new.  Which trust me I have considered.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: hpiscnapp.exe
  Application Version: 140.0.167.0
  Application Timestamp: 4bff4a1d
  Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
  Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
  Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdadb
  Exception Code: c0150010
  Exception Offset: 0008174f
  OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: d28b
  Additional Information 2: d28b27b9bb8e202e0edfb669a37518ba
  Additional Information 3: ed6c
  Additional Information 4: ed6c5419c1f6b4800eb9d542d29e79a0

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Teacher
TEDUinManila
Message 2 of 6 (540 Views)

Re: Scanning APPCRASH on Officejet Pro L7590 Win 7 32-bit

Dear jhanna422,
Go to the website,with the url below,(paste that on the address bar of your browser,if clicking it will not directly let you go there) follow the instructions there and download the solution.
 Please let me know if you need more help.

the website url:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c01187519&prodT...

Best Regards,
TEDUinManila
1/8/2011 

Teacher
TEDUinManila
Message 3 of 6 (537 Views)

Top Student
jhanna422
Message 4 of 6 (517 Views)

This did not work.  The patch you referred me to was for scheduled backups using Vista operating system.  I am having issues with the scan application and I am on Windows 7. Thanks for at least trying, no one else has.

Top Student
jhanna422
Message 5 of 6 (516 Views)

I have come across the second page before and again, my issue is simply not addressed there. Thanks though.

Tutor
-Arsenal-
Message 6 of 6 (512 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Normally applications crash if there are not enough resources to operate or if the software for some reason did not install correctly. In the scenario that you mention, i see that scan function upto a certain point but then fails. This could indicate issue with the resources at hand.

Since there was an improvement in the number of pages since the windows 7 patch, i recommened to reinstall the software and check if it works. However here are a few things you could try before you reinstall.

Please try scanning after every step and see if the results improve.

First of all please connect the device directly to the wall outlet and not through any surge protector and try scanning.

For test purpose, if the device is connected to the wall outlet, ensure that not many devices are connected to the same site and try scanning.

Also check what is the free space on your computer-Systems running low on resources could cause applications to crash

Also clear the temporary files on your computer

(Start-run---type %temp% and click on OK)---Delete the contents present here, you might not be able to delete everything, its ok

(Start-run---type temp and click on OK)---Delete the contents present here, you might not be able to delete everything, its ok.

Next try scanning.

Please let me know if this improves the situation.

Also as a workaround, you can use any inbuild photo editing software to check if the scans can be completed.

Regards,

Although i am an HP employee, these are my views.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation