02-18-2009 11:06 AM
I'm unable to copy/scan legal size (8 1/2 x 14) documents on my HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-One. Per the user guide, this machine is suppose to print/scan legal size documents. However, when I put an original legal size document in the ADF (automatic document feeder) only the 8 1/2 x 11 portion of the document prints ... the rest is cut off.
Does anyone know what the problem might be? The HP support team has tried to help me a few times unsuccessfully.
Thanks for any sugguestions.
02-18-2009 12:25 PM
02-18-2009 07:39 PM
Check the copy menu settings of your printer.
*press copy menu button on the control panel of your printer
*scroll and select size then press ok
*select fit to page then press ok!
*also check the paper size submenu of the copy menu...it should be set to legal
let me know if that would work.
02-23-2009 07:39 PM
03-20-2009 11:18 AM
Here's how I got it to work. I'm a Mac user so your interface to the HP might be a little different.
Under the Applications folder, choose Hewlett-Packard
Choose HP Scan Pro
Push document into feeder tray on printer.
Press “New Scan” on HP Scan Pro Page
A message will come up: “Error. The Automatic Document Feeder is engaged. Select the Destination and press Accept.”
Under Destination (top right of panel) select “PDF to Preview” and press “Accept” button.
The document will feed in and a .pdf file will be created in legal length form. It will be created in the Scanned Documents folder, and you can rename it to whatever you like.
03-22-2009 04:09 PM
03-16-2012 09:12 AM
I have a C7280 and found this information was helpful from Kiko, and with a slight change, was able to scan my legal document to a letter size page that I could then scan scan into a PDF or fax.
*press Copy Menu button on the control panel of your printer
*scroll and select Size: Actual Size, then press ok
*select Legal to Letter 72%, then press ok
*Put document in ADF (that is the document feeder, not on the glass)
*Press Start Copy Black
05-01-2013 03:20 PM
There are two KEY steps:
1) Use the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) to load the original. Do NOT place the original directly on the scan glass.
2) Use the COPY button on the Printer to SET THE PAPER SIZE TO LEGAL
Now, if you're going to COPY the Original be sure to load Legal Size paper into the paper tray and then press the COPY button. The Original will pass from the ADF onto the glass and the copy will emerge from the printer. Remember to load the ADF so that the desired side is facing UP when you have it in the ADF. As it feeds it will cause that side to face downwards onto the copy glass!
If you're going to SCAN the Original, just press SCAN (either at the printer or using the desktop software). I like to use the Scan button at the printer when using the ADF because I can be sure the feeder grabs the document properly. The "automatic" in Automatic Document Feeder isn't flawless.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers