Question

Student
StandardofTrust
Message 1 of 19 (3,772 Views)

Scanning Problem with Apple Mavericks OSX 10.9

After I upgraded my Apple iMAX OSX to Mavericks 10.9, When I scan from my Wireless HP Officejet 6500, my scanned images are blow-up or enlarged making the saved imaged unusable.  

I see other people having problems.

Is there a fix yet?

Thank you

-Rob

Honor Student
Message 2 of 19 (3,714 Views)

Re: Scanning Problem with Apple Mavericks OSX 10.9

I get an error when I try to save or print to PDF from the HP Scan application.

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 3 of 19 (3,665 Views)

Hi Folks,

@StandardofTrust  I am sorry to hear you are having issues scanning. I would like to help. What program are you using to scan from?

@33234 I have been actively working with others experiencing the same issue when scanning. I suggest looking at This thread (Problems scanning with HP printer and Mavericks).

Also, look at Message Message 59, on that thread, it mentions compatibility.

Hope this helps.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, to say thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Message 4 of 19 (3,657 Views)

It helped.  I just found out my Officejet 6500 709n is not compatible with OS X 10.9.   Do you know when an update will be available?

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 5 of 19 (3,406 Views)

Hi 33234,

You asked  " Do you know when an update will be available?" No, I do not know.

I know your printer is still in good working condition but what I can suggest is if you are interested in upgrading the printer to one that would be compatible with full feature software and drivers you may consider contacting HP rather than going to a retail store.

HP Support may be able to offer you a discount on a newer printer.

Contact HP for trade up offers.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
bofa
Message 6 of 19 (3,399 Views)

I've got an L7780, running Mavericks on my iMac. The system requirements say Mavericks is supported. However, when I scan using HP Scan I get one of two problems (so far.) The problems developed only after upgrading to Mavericks.

1) The scan seems to work fine, but when I check the PDF file it is utterly scrambled. A file of the correct dimensions with striation patterns across the page. The output preview, however, shows that the scan will be acceptable.

2) I receive the error "An error has occurred saving the file because it could not be written to.  Check the properties for the file to make sure it is not read-only."

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 7 of 19 (3,397 Views)

Hi bofa

Please refer to Forum thread Problems scanning with HP printer and Mavericks. There are detailed instructions to scan using 3 Apple methods.

Many people have experiencing the same issue trying to save after scanning with HP Scan and have had success scanning using Apples scan methods.

Hope this helps.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
bofa
Message 8 of 19 (3,392 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thank you. It will work for me until an update the the driver is available. 

P.S. It seems that the "Accept as Solution" button is not available at this time. Otherwise I would do that.

Honor Student
LeoShock
Message 9 of 19 (3,387 Views)

Officejet 5610 & Photosmart C4385 All-in-One supported by OS X 10.9 Mavericks?

My Officejet 5610 and HP Photosmart C4385 All-in-One do not scan or save correctly since downloading OS X 10.9 Mavericks.  None of the forum work arounds has resolved my issues.  Are these printers still supportered by HP? Is a Mavericks update in the works? 

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 10 of 19 (3,385 Views)

Hi bofa,

Thanks. I am glad I could at least find a work around for you. Happy scanning!

Hi LeoShock,

Here is what I could find about compatibility. Mavericks and printer compatibility. Hope it help shed a little light on the situation. Because I can't speak for HP I can't accurately answer your question regarding whether there is an update in the works, I truly don't know.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation