Question

Honor Student
dav_in_to
Message 1 of 4 (2,110 Views)

Scanning business cards - How to get details into Microsoft Outlook

I have a Officejet Pro 8500A Plus

I am using XP professional Service pack 3 on an acer Travelmate 5520.

I am looking for business card scanning software.

Does HP have additional software available that will work with the software that came with my Officejet Pro 8500A Plus, that will allow me to scan business card details directly into Microsoft Outlook Contacts (Outlooks addressbook)?

I see there are business card scanners with software available, such as “Scan2contacts” but surely my HP printer should be able to be set up to do this job?

Any suggestions please not short forms and send links if applicable.

Thanks.

PhD Student
Super_Dave
Message 2 of 4 (2,107 Views)

Re: Scanning business cards - How to get details into Microsoft Outlook

Hi dav_in_to,

I am not aware of an HP solution to this.  The main issue is not the scanning but the delivery to Outlook.  There are Outlook plugins that would allow scanning to Outlook.

I was an HP employee.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Honor Student
dav_in_to
Message 3 of 4 (2,104 Views)

Hi Super Dave

Thanks for reading my post.

I am not very search savvy  (or forum savvy) so would you tell me what you mean by “plugins” and  if you would have any specific names of Outlook plugins or key words that would be related to what I am trying to achieve, please pass them on to me. This would greatly help my search. So far my key words have come up with a dead end.

Hope you can help

Thanks D

PhD Student
Super_Dave
Message 4 of 4 (2,099 Views)

This link is to a 3rd party site and it is offered as an example only.  I don't mean to endorse the product by providing the link.

http://www.cognicard.com/blog/scan-business-cards-into-outlook-with-cognicard.html

I was an HP employee.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation