Scanning directly to Flash drive (3826 Views)
Student
fairykisses
Message 1 of 1 (3,826 Views)

Scanning directly to Flash drive

I bought a c5580 about a month ago. I bought this model because you can scan directly to a flash drive. You plug the flash drive into the front of the machine, and on the scan menu you can chose Scan to USB flash drive. I have about 2000 photos I am trying to convert to digital form. I scanned about 250 photos to the flash drive, using the front panel buttons and it worked perfectly. It was fast (one button push per picture and it was saved to my flash disk as a jpeg.) I did not have to use the software, I didn't even have to have the machine connected to the computer for this to work.
I started to scan some more photos in yesterday and the pictures are not scanning as jpeg files. They are scanning more like a pdf file with the picture in the top left hand corner of the page. I want it to go back to the way it worked before. I have no idea what has changed, i didn't change any settings that i know of. And I can't seem to find a way to change the setting back.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation