06-01-2010 04:03 PM
I am trying to scan a document and save to my PC and receiving the following error message:
"Unable to communicate with HP scanning software. Please verify that is has been installed and is working properly. If this problem persists, please shut down your application and try again."
I have several PCs on a Linxys router, WRT54G, and all receive the same error message.
I can ping the Network Printer successfully at 192.168.1.108 so I know the network connection is up. Printer is an HP LaserJet 3390.
I am running windows XP.
Please let me know what else I can check.
06-22-2010 12:02 PM
The 309a scanner worked fine for a month. Then it didn’t. The Solution center now says “Document loaded” and the control panel has the note below the human figure saying “Original loaded.” But there is no actual document on the scan tray. When I try to scan, I insert a document on the flatbed, the scanner makes ungodly noises and I received a control panel message “Original jam” and a direction to “Reload document and restart job.” I reload the document and restart and receive the same message. [How can there be a jam with a scanner?]
I then tried to copy from the document feeder. It copied successfully but then received the same control panel message as with the scanner, “Original Jam, Reload document and restart job.” Even after I clear that message, the control panel still says “Original loaded.”
What’s going on here? And how do I fix it? I am using Windows 7 Home Pro with a wireless network.
06-23-2010 08:35 PM - edited 06-23-2010 08:37 PM
Here are some things to try:
This post has a lot of useful information that may help, including “Click here to download the HP Scan Diagnostic Utility”.
If the message indicated, “An error has occurred communicating with the device”, click here.
There should be a menu button on the 3390. The User Guide section on “Network configuration page” indicates the following:
The Network configuration page lists the current settings and properties of the all-in-one. To print the
Network configuration page from the all-in-one, complete the following steps.
1. On the control panel, press Menu.
2. Use the "<" or the ">" button to select Reports, and then press "check-mark".
3. Use the "<" or the ">" button to select Network report, and then press "check-mark".
That may provide a URL that would at least allow you to scan via your browser. Or given the IP address that you indicated, try http://192.168.1.108.
Hope this helps.
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax