Question

Student
maus09
Message 1 of 3 (6,429 Views)

Scanning multiple items into one document

Hi all,

I need to scan three separate pages.  The problem is that every time I scan them, I get three separate files--one for each page.  I need the three pages to be in one file or document.  How can I make that happen?

Also, for some reason, the HP scanning software that came with my all-in-one doesn't work on my computer, so any advice you guys have using that software isn't really going to be usable for me. 

Thanks, 

maus

"'Ah, my friend, you do not know, you do not know
What life is, you who hold it in your hands'"
--T.S. Eliot, Prufrock
Honor Student
harveywallbangr
Message 2 of 3 (6,390 Views)

Re: Scanning multiple items into one document

How to Scan Multiple Pages into a Single Word Compatible Document Using HP C309a All in 1 Printer

Before starting put document to be scanned into the automatic document feeder of your printer (I have the HP Photosmart C309a all in one printer. Put the first page of the document to be copied on top face up with subsequent pages following below face up in order from first to last page of the document with the last page at the bottom of the pile resting on the printer. This brings up the screen for the HP Solution Center. If you choose to load the pages individually without using the printer’s automatic document feeder go to step 1 below. Those using the printer’s automatic document feeder go to step 2.

Step 1: Select HP Solution Center from on-screen icon.

Step 2: When HP Solution Center loads, from the start an activity menu select SCAN DOCUMENT

Step 3: From the Scanning From…Scan Document Button (HP Solution Center) Screen which appears after selecting scan document in step 2, highlight the text OCR (which stands for optical character recognition) to RTF (which stands for rich text format) option

Step 4: Hit scan in the above screen, the Save to File Options Screen emerges after hitting scan. Under the file type option dropdown select RTF or rich text file. (Note other formats are possible should you desire). Indicate your base file name. Indicate save to location. Finally, check the box indicating whether you want to use the monthly subfolder and/or have windows explorer launch to the save location which in my case is my scan folder in my documents file. Hit scan.

Step 5: The HP scanning screen appears as the pages are scanned into the document. After scanning, preview the pages scanned on the HP scanning screen and if acceptable click finish. You have the options of saving the pages you just scanned or selecting exit to close the program without saving it. If you have saved the file the process finishes by writing the scanned pages to the location of your saved document. You now have multiple pages in one Word-compatible, editable document.

Intern
Vortexboy
Message 3 of 3 (5,929 Views)

Re: Scanning multiple items into one document

I have a C7280 printer and use HPs Image Capture software for scanning.

I discovered a solution to this problem today.

You can scan multiple documents from the document feeder into one scan, as a PDF file.

Just choose PDF as the scan format and then a little box will appear that says "Combine all pages into a single file" and you just put a check in that box.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation