Question

Honor Student
MCowart
Message 1 of 5 (689 Views)

Scanning multiple pages into one document/saving in pdf format

I have an HP Envy TS m6 and a HP Officejet 6500 printer. I am attempting to:

a. scan multiple pages into one document

b.  save that document in pdf format.

The Scan menu only allows docs to be saved in TIFF, png, and a few other formats.

Retired
Cheetah12
Message 2 of 5 (655 Views)

Re: Scanning multiple pages into one document/saving in pdf format

Hello MCowart,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you're unable to scan multiple pages into one document and save as PDF. I will do my best to assist you! First, I would like to ask you some questions:

Since there is a couple of models of the Officejet 6500, could you verify your exact model number here.

What is your operating system on your computer? Windows or Mac?

How is this printer connected? Wireless or USB?

Please verify this information and I will assist you further. Have a great day! :smileyhappy:

I worked on behalf of HP.
Honor Student
MCowart
Message 3 of 5 (652 Views)

Thank you for responding. My printer is an Officejet 6500 E709n and I am using Windows. My printer has a wireless connection although I also have attempted scanning using a USB connection.

Student
GigiJan
Message 4 of 5 (648 Views)

We also have the same question of scanning multiple pages into a PDF.  We have a PhotoSmart 6520, Windows, USB.  Would love to know if this is possible, as we are working on an ancestry project to send to family members.  Thank you.

Retired
Cheetah12
Message 5 of 5 (640 Views)

Thank you for your response.

Do you not have a PDF option on the printer or are you using the HP software to scan a document?

Try using the Solution Center on your computer to verify if you're able to scan multiple pages into one PDF document: (This information is stated here.)

1) Click the Windows icon ( ), click All Programs , click the HP folder, and then click HP Solution Center .
2) Select the appropriate scan option for the item you are scanning.
3) Choose Scan Document if you are scanning a text document
4) When the scan completes, perform one of the following actions:
5) Click the Plus sign ( ) on the right side of the window to scan additional pages or add additional photo selections.

Please let me know if don't have this option. The Photosmart 6520 is able to scan multiple pages into one document. Follow this entire HP document on How to Scan: Windows 7. You need to use the Printer Assistant on your computer.

Please post your results! :smileyhappy:

I worked on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation